It was converted from .flv file to .avi file.
    It can play the song, but just not view the video.
    And after that the blackberry restarted by itself >_<.

Need help~
    Perhaps install the codec or something?
    or update the blackberry?

PS: Am a 2 days old blackberry user here.
    So i know nothing of it >_<.
    How to update, how to do stuff or such~
    05-17-09 10:37 AM
    did you reformat the resolution to fit the bold?
    05-17-09 11:24 AM
    you think that's the problem?
    i thought any resolution would do fine actually~
    05-17-09 07:00 PM
    It's either the resolution or a Codec that the Bold's player can't decode.
    05-17-09 07:09 PM
    Maybe you'd like to rely on a flv to avi converter that goes well with bb device. Some freeware/sharewares out there.

Edit: found this http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/any-tunbite-users-out-there-229901/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by squish101; 05-17-09 at 07:34 PM.
    05-17-09 07:28 PM
    thanks ill try it
    but yeah putting that aside,
    there isnt any codec we can install for the bold then?
    05-18-09 05:04 AM
    Mp4 works the best for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:48 PM
    The Best Software to use is ConvertX and ImToo

ConvertX is all i use for coverting movies and ImToo is best for converting to the BOLD.

NOTE:

Use The Iphone Mpeg-4 480 x320 in Imtoo to convert and it works flawlessly on the Bold.

I converted 12 rounds and star treak both were MP4 format, but wrong codec for the bold and both were around 1.46GB, they were 800Mb and 76MB after coverting, don't ask me why star trek was 76MB... Fring If I know, but it was Awesome Image i mean Awesome.
    05-18-09 06:02 PM
    how long does it take to convert .avi to .mp4?
    05-30-09 05:30 PM
    I've had the best success with Mobiola Video Studio for my Bold, and I've tried pretty much everything else. It is incredibly easy to use, and very fast at converting. It makes the whole task quite painless. Quality is amazing with full stereo sound and videos at the correct size for the Bold's beautiful screen.

You can simply drop links from youtube embedded sites and it will grab them and convert them in one step. Sure, it isn't free, but I think it was money well spent. Shape are also very responsive to support requests. They actually modded the profile for the Bold's conversions when I trialled their software to improve it after I made a suggestion. I recommend you trial it for yourself and see what you think.
    05-30-09 07:06 PM
    Could try using the Xplayer Lite free version on appworld. Seems a lot more responsive than the RIM player...
    05-30-09 07:19 PM
    I've had the best success with Mobiola Video Studio for my Bold, and I've tried pretty much everything else. It is incredibly easy to use, and very fast at converting. It makes the whole task quite painless. Quality is amazing with full stereo sound and videos at the correct size for the Bold's beautiful screen.

You can simply drop links from youtube embedded sites and it will grab them and convert them in one step. Sure, it isn't free, but I think it was money well spent. Shape are also very responsive to support requests. They actually modded the profile for the Bold's conversions when I trialled their software to improve it after I made a suggestion. I recommend you trial it for yourself and see what you think.
    how long to convert the avi file,,,, is what i want to know,,,, 4hrs ,20 minutes? on vista system?
    05-30-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD