I have a Bold 9000 here that has an IT Policy on it. Desktop manager detects it and I can back-up data. I go and try to resettofactory but it won't connect to bbsak nor jl_cmdr. The policy has inhibted the phone to be connect for info protection I'm assuming.

Any work around for this? Thanks cb community.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 06:28 PM
    have you tried wiping it by going to ( options > security options > security wipe ) ?
    06-17-10 06:36 PM
    Haven't tried that, was scared to since it isn't my phone.

06-17-10 06:38 PM
    scared of what ?!

It deletes everything on it . . . so it will be like it just came from the '' factory ''
    06-17-10 06:46 PM
    WAIT you got a phone that isn't even YOURS? Why are you messing with it then? What's the story behind this?
    06-17-10 07:54 PM
    I'll give it a try but security wipe doesn't remove the Policy. Am I correct?

06-17-10 07:55 PM
    There is a link in my signature ... "Remove IT Policy" ... See whether it helps ..
    06-18-10 07:57 AM
    WAIT you got a phone that isn't even YOURS? Why are you messing with it then? What's the story behind this?
    She got the phone from her son, he works at a company and they gave him the 9700 and I'm trying to remove the locked firewall for her. She finds it annoying having to enter the password in every time.
    06-20-10 06:39 PM
    There is a link in my signature ... "Remove IT Policy" ... See whether it helps ..
    I'll give this a shot next time I have the phone in my hands, thx ST79
    06-20-10 06:43 PM
    have you tried wiping it by going to ( options > security options > security wipe ) ?
    This security wipe will not remove the IT policy, it will still exist after.

You will need to either trick it by adding a "blank" policy, or use another complete wipe method and fresh install of an OS.
    06-20-10 06:48 PM
    This security wipe will not remove the IT policy, it will still exist after.

You will need to either trick it by adding a "blank" policy, or use another complete wipe method and fresh install of an OS.
    I tried completely wiping using bbsak and it wouldn't connect to it. So I'll have to try the crackutil method posted by st79
    06-20-10 06:49 PM
    I'll give this a shot next time I have the phone in my hands, thx ST79
    I used this procedure for my previous 8820 which had a BES policy on it, and it completely removed it, and unlocked the firewall. I then was able to upgrade the O/S and add any new applications without restriction. Worked like a charm, and the procedure was very clearly laid out. This forum is very helpful, and full of very knowledgeable people contributing to it.
    06-20-10 09:15 PM
    06-20-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD