05-22-10 10:56 AM
32 12
tools
    Just upgraded to .545 and I'm still getting the same error. This is really starting to **** me off!
    03-23-10 05:35 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my 9700, which is a bummer because it's a $400+ phone.

At first I gave up and downloaded the vuclip app and that worked on 3G and WIFI. Still was a little upset because a new phone should work properly.

One day it started to work after I rebooted my 9700. Now I can access youtube on their mobile site.

My suggestions are:

reboot, upgrade your OS cause 5.0330 is full of bugs, make sure your WAP Browsing is on, make sure you use the youtube mobile site, or use the web2go browser. This might sound weird but, on your T-mobile account it asks you which phone you have. When my youtube wasn't working my phone was still registered under a BB 8900. 24hours later after I switched it to the 9700, youtube started to work.

On a side note: as great as Blackberries are, they have a ton of minor software and hardware issues. I wish someone informed me of this before I got one lol
    03-24-10 08:31 AM
    I can play m.youtube.com on wifi no problem, just not on my 3G.

On 3G I get
    An error has occured attempting to play media (OK)
    When I click (ok) I get
    ! Wireless network connection has been discounted, Please try Again(ok)

I am on Telus, so is it something with Telus's 3G network ?
    03-26-10 10:14 AM
    I can play m.youtube.com on wifi no problem, just not on my 3G.

On 3G I get
    An error has occured attempting to play media (OK)
    When I click (ok) I get
    ! Wireless network connection has been discounted, Please try Again(ok)

I am on Telus, so is it something with Telus's 3G network ?

I also get the same error - it's really bugging me. I used to be able to watch youtube videos, but for someone reason it has stopped working. Were you able to find a solution?
    05-20-10 07:48 PM
    I also get the same "Wireless Network Connection" error on my 9700....I am also on Telus...

I'm guessing this is a carrier issue.....
    05-22-10 12:13 AM
    I usually have this problem when the BB tries to play the damn video in the browser without switching to the WAP. Otherwise I can play youtube on wifi. I think you need to fiddle around with the browser settings a bit. Like hotspot browser and so on. Make sure you are going though WAP because it will not work and yes update to the latest firmware I think it was .6 something I am currently running on .405 and I cannot have the videos load over full bar 3g signal which is kind of a bummer.

Don't forget after all - blackberry is business phone and it is not meant to be used as entertainment like the Iphone and some of the other toys on the market.
    05-22-10 10:53 AM
    This free app works well.
    05-22-10 10:56 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD