In my new BB 9700, I get this when I try to play a Video from You Tube (Cannot Play Media while alert is active). Then I get an error message about not finding the web address.
    Anyone knows how to fix this and to play videos from you tube please?
    11-27-09 07:34 PM
    Yea I just got this message on my 8530 and can't figure out what alert its talking about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 09:55 AM
    I'm having same problem with my tour. Anybody find the solution yet?
    01-02-10 01:25 PM
    You should all try a battery pull, The "Cannot Play Media While Alert Is Active" message will come up, if for example your using the media player, and right as the track changes to the next one in the album, you get an SMS.

In regards to the message you get about the web address, what does it say?
    01-02-10 01:27 PM
    Thanks that did happen. I will try the battery pull.
    01-02-10 01:30 PM
    im getting the same problem while trying to watch youtube videos on my curve 8530
    01-03-10 04:06 PM
    I have the same issue, but it seems that after a couple of hours, it seems to work fine? No battery pull. I think its just a glitch, and if you wanted to fix it right away then a battery pull would work just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 07:13 AM
    My phone rings and youtube plays fine, I just can't play music from my media card. I can't believe the only solution we have to this problem is to do a battery pull. Battery pulls fix the problem, but take probably 7-8 mins on my phone, and I usually just resort to Pandora instead of my media card music. Is there an actual solution rather than the normal battery pull workaround?
    04-16-10 08:29 AM
    I had this problem on my Curve 8530 trying to play a video on Youtube as well. Googled the issue, which brought me here; read the thread and tried the battery pull and it resolved the issue. Yay xDAKx
    05-15-10 08:10 AM
    In my new BB 9700, I get this when I try to play a Video from You Tube (Cannot Play Media while alert is active). Then I get an error message about not finding the web address.
    That "alert is active" message with playing YouTube videos refers to another running program (esp. Pandora) with an open dialogue box ... go through your currently *ACTIVE* programs to turn off the *ALERT* in the warning message for the offending background app that it advised you about.
    08-27-10 04:11 PM
    From Another forum:

If your Blackberry says, "Cannot play media while alert is active," means that your camera is somehow active. Try going to the camera and closing the application. Thanks!
    01-15-11 12:14 PM
    Yep, my camera application was open somehow and I close it and my music began to sound.
    Best answer!!!
    cheddy98 likes this.
    06-03-11 06:42 AM
    Turn on/off the camera, and media will play after "cannot play media while alert is active."
    06-24-11 01:15 PM
    03-22-13 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD