Hello everyone,

I just got a new blackberry and have set up my email account on it. It appears to be syncing but the problem is it will not open certain emails. They show up in the messages folder but when I try to open them it just goes blue and does not do anything. This is not the case with all of them but only some.

I have tried the obvious things like battery pulls and calling my service provider who have told me it is all working.

I would really appreciate any tips you could give me.

Thank you in advance,

Jack
    08-20-11 01:07 PM
    Is there something different about the emails you can not open vs the one you can? Are they all from a single place. ???
    08-20-11 01:10 PM
    Not as far as I can tell. For example, the registration email from Crackberry cannot be opened but one of my other email addresses (not set up on the blackberry) can. It appears to be completely random.
    08-20-11 01:12 PM
    I would try reloading the operating system that fixed all my issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    comish likes this.
    08-20-11 01:19 PM
    I have exactly the same issue - cant open emails and my browser just doesn't work. Ive tried swapping handsets in store, calling the provider, hardware reset, sim change, power on/off, battery out/in, checking all settings against my old bold and confirming with provider the all functions are available.
    completely stumped...any suggestions?
    08-20-11 05:34 PM
    Gingenio, I am in precisely the same boat as you. As I type I am in the Vodafone store. (Have been here for 2hrs...) They are trying it in a 3rd handset! The technical team have told the man helping me it is a problem with the first batch of 9900s - some work and some don't! Madness...

08-21-11 07:36 AM
    Quick update - the browser on the 3rd one has worked! Third time lucky I guess. Will let you know if emails work too.

The guy here told me that if it hadn't worked, I should come back when they get the second batch in and exchange it for a new one. Maybe you can do that?

08-21-11 07:42 AM
    Have you all tried just using the device out of the box before loading your data? This sounds like data corruption, possible from a device switch from a previous BB.
    08-21-11 07:54 AM
    Emails now working perfectly. The man in the shop confirmed that there are bugs with some of the phones in the first batch which is a nuisance. At least it is working now.

Thank you for all of your help.
    08-21-11 09:19 AM
    We ordered a number of Blackberry 9900s and had this problem on about 3/4 of them.

The solution was to download the carrier's OS from RIM's website (http://us.blackberry.com/support/dow...load_sites.jsp) and then reload the software through the desktop manger.

Worked on all of them - takes about 30 minutes and no need to return to carrier.
    08-22-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD