Hey guys!
    I have a Blackberry bold with a BIS plan. I have been trying all day to add my Work E-Mail account to my blackberry and I just cannot figure it out. I am hoping that someone out there can assist me. Is it even possible to use outlook email with BIS? My Company doesn't use an enterprise server soi am lost
    Thanks in advance for any tips you may be able to offer
    B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 07:13 PM
    Can you bounce it?
    05-05-09 07:58 PM
    what's the options when you open email setup? are there 2 options?
    05-05-09 08:44 PM
    Does your company have an Outlook Web Access site?
    05-05-09 09:26 PM
    considering you have "BestBuy" in your name, i'm going to spell it out for you.

in order for BIS to work with your work email, your work email needs to be set up for POP or IMAP access. these are the protocols that BIS works with (BES is actually integrated with exchange). if your colleagues can access email on their phones, it's likely that you can too - you just need the right settings (which can be manually copied from their phones, even).

once you have the proper POP or IMAP settings, test it out using gmail/live/yahoo - they all have the ability (AFAIK) to check other accounts. just punch in the info, and if your work mail comes through, it should work for BIS as well.

p.s. - you mention that your company doesn't have an enterprise server - i'm guessing you meant exchange.
    05-05-09 09:26 PM
    What does it mean to "bounce" it? I haven't heard of that.
    To ninja Please: When I open my Setup folder I have a "set up personal E-mail" option. It seems like I used to have a work e-mail option but it has dissapeared...
    dsac: thanks for the tips, I will get with one of my coworkers and just copy their settings.
    I really appreciate all your help!
    B
    05-05-09 11:31 PM
    BIS should work alright even without BES. You will need to go to your telco BIS site eg. telco.blackberry.com and include your work email in there if you haven't. Once that is set up submit the service book. You MIGHT need to check with your company if its on pop or imap and which ports to use to receive/send email.

05-05-09 11:36 PM
    Can you access your company email with OWA? If yes, then all you need in your BIS settings is the info you use to access OWA. Then you need the correct email box which can be determined if you hover over your inbox while in OWA. For the user id, you might need to put domain\user name or [email protected]. Then put in your other info for OWA access and you should be good to go. I've don humdreds of these on BIS and BES. Once you have the right info, its a piece of cake. But with incorrect or missing info, its going to be impossible. Please provide more detailed info if you still can't get it to work. We can't help with spotty or no info.

05-05-09 11:55 PM
    I'd be happy to provide more info, but I'm not sure what would be helpful. I use outlook at work, but I cannot access my email from home using owa.bestbuy.com if that's what you're asking.

05-06-09 12:14 AM
    I am not from the US but setting up work email and have it pushed to your bb should be a straight forward thing. Like I mentioned in my previous post you will need to access your telco BIS site and set up and account if you haven't done so. Create your work email from there once you have logged in and submit the service book which is a must. A few clicks and you're done.

05-06-09 12:58 AM
    Yeah, I have done that, from the berry and from the computer. It never works. I always get an error message. Thanks for the tip though.

05-06-09 01:01 AM
    Error message? Like what? Even with the error message is your email created on your bb?

05-06-09 06:03 AM
    get anything from your colleagues re: settings?
    05-06-09 09:26 AM
    i just have my work email forwarded to my blackberry address.
    05-06-09 09:54 AM
    Ok so if your work does not allow owa access from outside, then your only option would probably be pop or IMAP (not sure if BIS supports IMAP). I would try to see if you can access your work email using outlook express with pop or imap settings. If that works with outlook express or gmail or yahoo mail, then use those settings in your BIS settings. You need to establish external access before you should bother messing with the BIS settings. Other clients might be easier to troubleshoot.

05-06-09 10:50 PM
    I can solve this problem right now
    you will not ever be able to setup your blackberry with Best Buy email. in order to get connectivity, you would need to be ASM or above. Back in 2006 bestbuy made the directive to no longer use blackberrys. they still have the BES installed but they are not creating any new users with BES. if you want remote email access in best buy you have to use Active Sync for mobile access.

but since it sounds like you are not an ASM for BBYM your not able to get connectivity because you are Hourly not Salary...meaning that getting your email on your device while your not at work you would be working off the clock.
    with all that said you also do not have access to sync.bestbuy.com/oma
    or
    owa.bestbuy.com

when the iphone came out with exchange support the best buy IT dept went through and removed access to anyone who was not salleried....

and one last part of why it wont work, best buy will not setup email on a personal owned device, only devices that are paid for by best buy corprate.
    05-06-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD