So I got a 9810 and wanted to give my wife my 9700. I wiped all my data and used Desktop Manager to switch her stuff from her 8520 to the 9700. Everything went ok, except now when I go to setup her email, the "Activate" button has a flat, greyed-out look. I can move my cursor to it and click, but nothing happens! Any ideas?
    08-22-11 08:49 PM
    She needs to have the old PIN changed to the 9700's. If that isn't done, the data services (BIS) won't work properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bmartz77 likes this.
    08-22-11 11:14 PM
    She needs to have the old PIN changed to the 9700's. If that isn't done, the data services (BIS) won't work properly.
    How do I do that? do I have to call my carrier?
    08-23-11 01:31 AM
    try re-registering the host routing table. if u have os6 then search for it. cant remember exactly where it is. if that doesnt work then u will need to call your carrier for more support.

bmartz77 likes this.
    08-23-11 07:55 AM
    Try logging into the BIS site, updating the pin and resending the service books.
    bmartz77 likes this.
    08-23-11 08:00 AM
    try re-registering the host routing table. if u have os6 then search for it. cant remember exactly where it is. if that doesnt work then u will need to call your carrier for more support.
    I did that already and it didn't work.

Try logging into the BIS site, updating the pin and resending the service books.
    When I log into BIS and put in my info and hit "submit", it always says something about not being able to access my account because of HTML and to do it from the device while I'm on it from the device...it's getting frustrating.
    08-23-11 08:29 AM
    I did that already and it didn't work.

When I log into BIS and put in my info and hit "submit", it always says something about not being able to access my account because of HTML and to do it from the device while I'm on it from the device...it's getting frustrating.
    Call the carrier and ask them to swap the old pin out and have the new one set. Likely things aren't correctly provisioned.

08-23-11 10:55 AM
    Thanks, everyone. I got it fixed. I had to call my carrier and tell them what needed to be done... They did it and everything's working.
    08-23-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD