I have an old BlackBerry Bold 9780 that has been working well. However, just yesterday I started receiving an error "Cannot access local folders" when trying to use BB Desktop to sync with Microsoft Outlook 2016. I uninstalled and reinstalled the BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1, but the problem continues. There are no errors when using Outlook or with other aspects of syncing in BB Desktop.

I am running 64-bit Windows 10 on my desktop computer. I have had no problems syncing in the past until yesterday. To my knowledge nothing has changed.

A Google search for the error message returns questions posted on several different forums, but there is no clear solution given.
    03-11-16 09:28 AM
    The problem appears to be in Outlook rather than with BlackBerry Desktop, at least in my case. I solved it by repairing my installation of Microsoft Office. For most versions of Office, this is accomplished by going to the list of installed programs in the Control Panel, highlighting and right clicking on Office, and selecting the option to Repair or Change.
    03-12-16 04:08 PM