Startup: Wondering if there's a way to "stop" programs from starting up when the BB is rebooted. I have some apps (like e-mobile) that start up when the BB is rebooted. This is fine sometimes, but sometimes I want it all shut down.

Closing programs: I know you can go to menu, close application, but for some apps, this just puts it in the background...it's still running.

Thanks!
    07-29-09 12:45 PM
    I would also be interested to know how and if this can be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 12:52 PM
    Startup: Wondering if there's a way to "stop" programs from starting up when the BB is rebooted. I have some apps (like e-mobile) that start up when the BB is rebooted. This is fine sometimes, but sometimes I want it all shut down.

Closing programs: I know you can go to menu, close application, but for some apps, this just puts it in the background...it's still running.

Thanks!
    Phone, Messages, BBM, Browser and Home will ALWAYS be running in the background. What others are you seeign after you close?
    07-29-09 01:09 PM
    E-mobile...a separate organizational app. It also "stays open" after I close it.

Good to know on the rest...that they start up and that I can't close them.
    07-29-09 01:42 PM
    I'm not familiar with E-moblie so I'm not sure if it always runs though my Missing Sync is always running. It doesn't seem to affect my battery or memory though so I'm not too worried.

By the way, even though the Browser is always running in the background, it's still a good idea to close out of it when you're finished (BB button > Close)
    07-29-09 01:54 PM
    I don't use BBM cause I don't know anyone with BB so is there a way to stop it from running without deleting just in case I want to use it in the future? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD