I had a iphone 3g and i put a personal ringtone on it and was wondering if you can put it on the bold some how?
    11-08-08 10:17 PM
    Yes you can.
    I took the micro sd card from my old phone and stuck it in the Bold and it can use the ring tones I had on the old phone that I had made.
    11-08-08 11:07 PM
    But how do you upload a ringtone to my bold from a macbook??
    11-08-08 11:12 PM
    If you have an micro SD card in the BOLD, just enable Mass Storage mode and then it acts just like another drive when you connect the Bold to your Mac. Then you can simply drag and drop the files back and forth.
    11-08-08 11:17 PM
    You can find the Mass Storage Mode setting under Options --> Memory
    11-08-08 11:20 PM
    So once i hook up the bold to my macbook, it will pull up a window and i can just drag and drop from itunes to my bold the ringtone i want? I think my bold came with a 1gb microsd card i tried checking but its freaken hard to take the card out lol ... Sorry not quite understanding to well how the process works
    11-08-08 11:23 PM
    anyone help me out lol sorry im in a bit of a hurry :P
    11-08-08 11:34 PM
    anyone have a solution?
    11-09-08 12:42 AM
    What format are the ringtones? Is it possible for you to convert them to mp3's if they're not already ? If so, you can always e-mail them to yourself as an attachment, then apply as ringtones from your media folder. Seems like it would be easier to do as Jimmers suggested though.

To my knowledge, the Bold does not come with a media card, unless it's something you purchased and had pre-installed when you bought it. The Bold does come with 1GB of internal memory in addition to the 128MB of application memory. As Jimmers stated, this can easily be accessed by simply plugging your device in and turning On "Mass Storage Mode" when prompted. From there, simply copy the ringtones from your older media card or computer into the appropriate folder. The path will be something like:
    x:\home\user\ringtones (where x, is the drive letter your BB shows up as.)
    I'm not a Mac owner, nor am I familiar with the OS. I'm pretty sure the steps are very similar if not the same. Maybe some Mac users will chime in and help if need be.
    11-09-08 01:22 AM
    its a .m4r will that work?
    11-09-08 01:39 AM
    how can i convert a m4r to a mp3 on a maacbook?
    11-09-08 01:44 AM
    search it on google there hundreds of programs that can convert to mp3s
    11-09-08 01:51 AM
    yeah i split my 4gb memory card in half so i have now til then ota download to the phone
    11-09-08 02:01 AM
    Hi ajpak,
    I finally found a site that will help you achieve your goal. You mentioned that you were in a hurry. I'm afraid there's not a "quick" way to convert that file type for use on your BB. I cannot confirm anything because as I stated earlier, I do not use a Mac. Anyway, check out the guide with relevant links here.
    11-09-08 02:29 AM
    As Tiny Mille mentioned, there are hundreds of programs available that will achieve this. The site I linked to also contains a tutorial.
    11-09-08 02:36 AM
    how can i convert a m4r to a mp3 on a maacbook?
    change the m4r extention to aac, from there go to ur itunes settings and change the converter to mp3(it should be on aac default) and then you can just bluetooth it over...=) hope that helps.
    11-09-08 04:28 AM
    hi, does this app work for the bold? im getting no joy, i am not remotely technically gifted so please bare that in mind with any replies :-) i download the file off the link, extracted the files, which develops a folder which has four files in it. I then go on desktop manager, select mass storage on mobile, then chose application manager, add/remove, browse, then it automatically opens the folder, and shows the only alx file, i try to transfer it but the following error comes up "no application for my device were found". any suggestions?

Cheers guys
    06-19-09 08:53 PM
    I use itunes and convert portions of my songs into tones. I have 130 ringtones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:03 AM
    just go to Myxer - Download Ringtones and More from your bolds browser and search for the songs/ringtones you want and download straight to your bold.
    06-20-09 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD