Just switched over to Simple Mobile it doesn't say anything about the 9780 i was trying to figure out if i would have access to all the features like BBM and all the other good stuff after all its still a bold..Does anyone here have any experience with them and this phone?
    12-09-11 08:59 AM
    You'll need a blackberry data plan to access all of the features. If they don't have the plans, you can't access them all.
    12-10-11 08:10 PM
    just make sure you're on their $50 blackberry specific plan.
    it inlcudes BlackBerry BIS with Push email, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) & BlackBerry App World. including facebook/twitter app.
    12-13-11 11:13 PM
    Agree with the others... you just need a BIS account registered with the PIN number of your Blackberry handset.
    12-18-11 04:09 AM
    OP just a heads up everything works great with simple mobile with the exception of fowarding calls, so incase you are a google voice user, that service will not be available to you. Other than that you should be good to go. I definitely think that its worth it for being $50 even a month.

Oh and better yet it works great with a playbook, just a FYI
    01-05-12 12:36 PM
    a 'berry w/o BIS or BES belongs in a trash can ... Lol !!

get urself a BIS & u'll start to see "wonders" ... ( like the other posters recommend )
    01-05-12 12:52 PM
    it seems to me like all of these answers are generic ... non of these reply's are acknowledging the fact that the 9780 specifically isnt listed as an approved phone on simple mobile's website.. Does anyone actually have a 9780 on simple mobile?
    03-05-12 04:48 PM
    The Blackberry 9780 is listed as an approved device on Simple Mobile's website. Not sure how anyone missed this because I checked this a year ago and it was listed. How do I know? I have owned my 9780 since it first came out in November of 2010 to T-Mobile. It is listed as the Blackberry Bold on the approved phone list: http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple...px#overviewtab (Click on Blackberry Bold).

The Simple Mobile plans appear to be great but my only major concern (and this may be a deal breaker for many others) is that Simple Mobile does NOT offer WiFi calling for Blackberries. The reason why it is important to some is (like me) my network signal is almost nil in my apartment so I use UMA on T-Mobile.

So my question is, will I be able to use WiFi in my home or no since my 9780 changes to UMA? If there is no UMA then will I be able to use WiFi? Sounds like a stupid question but I can't get the answer without asking someone who may have first hand experience, right?
    Last edited by Hamp; 05-17-12 at 01:27 PM.
    05-17-12 01:23 PM
    No UMA
    No Visual Voice Mail

Otherwise it is great.
    05-17-12 02:20 PM
    Been on simple mobile for a while now with my 9780. Works great. NO UMA but I was having huge issues with Uma anyway toward the end with T mobile.
    I do not miss Uma but would not mind google voice for wifi calling when network is not available. I wish there was a Groove IP app for Bberry legacy devices.
    04-02-13 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD