Hi I have BB bold 9700 with OS 6 ,,, all i want to know iS "Will there be any update relased for thiS verSion of 6 OR will it be left like what iS now "

If there are any updateS Scheduled what could we expect in that.....

Why not the Wikitude work on OS 6 ?
    08-01-11 01:43 AM
    OS6 for the 9700 has received many updates since its debut, the latest being .615. For the immediate future, I don't see the updates stopping. Heck, even OS5 still gets some updates now and then.
    08-01-11 02:13 AM
    I think he wants to know if there will be an OS 7 for 9700.
    08-01-11 03:09 AM
    @Fait : Not exactly update of OS 7 for 9700 but like i have bold 9700 preinstalled while i bought and trying to check for any updates but did could not find any till now so ...

I was searching for wikitude in app world but its not showing anything so i thought some update would help me to install that.
    08-01-11 04:54 AM
    I doubt wikitude will be ready for OS 6 or OS 5, if it's in beta, it'll be a while before it's ready for public use. OS 5 and 6 updates will likely never stop coming. But disappointingly, we won't see OS 7 on our current devices, unless the hybrid makers try it out with different components.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 12:27 PM
    Plenty of hybrids with 7 in them, but that doesn't make it any different, except in performance. You need an OS7 platform for that, and at >twice the size of OSick's, there's no way it will ever happen. Be happy with the Bold. It's been through 2 OS versions, and still after well over a year is a great phone, especially considering the internal hardware.
    08-01-11 12:42 PM
    RIM will be providing updates as long as the devices are relevant, shiiiit we got a tour OS update last week to 5.0.0.1xxx so I can say we probably wont hit 6.1 but maybe 6.0.0.1xxxx
    08-01-11 12:44 PM
    @Fait : Not exactly update of OS 7 for 9700 but like i have bold 9700 preinstalled while i bought and trying to check for any updates but did could not find any till now so ...

I was searching for wikitude in app world but its not showing anything so i thought some update would help me to install that.
    You probably didn't find an update because your carrier hasn't made a newer version of OS6 official yet. However, this doesn't mean you can't update the OS on your 9700 yourself. You can load any version of OS6 onto your 9700, regardless if it's from your carrier, another carrier, or a leaked version. Just follow the steps in this link:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Also, do not be afraid to load up a leaked OS because it's not backed by a carrier. There is no difference between a leaked OS and an official OS. All an official OS is, is the leaked counterpart that the carrier has decided is good enough to support.
    08-01-11 04:20 PM
    Thank you for all your replies , I have a doubt like my preloaded OS which came with bold is 6.0.0.424 , I can find some thing like 6.0.0.6xx in the website .

Updating from this version (xxxxx .424 ) to .6xx is recommended ? Or it is not of much use !

My top 2 keys ( Mute and Lock ) keys are not working so im thinking like some update would bring some fix for this ...

And regarding shrinking of Os with BB Boss . how do you recommend that ...Is it suggestable or not as 9700 has storage of application memory !!!!!!!!
    08-02-11 05:07 AM
    Some OS you'll find perform better than others. Try a few newer, each for a couple days, and see what you like for signal quality, and response speed opening apps, along with memory management.

Your keys not working sounds more hardware related. Could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone mentioning that problem with an OS. If they don't work on an upgrade, hopefully it's still under warranty and can be exchanged.

Shrinking isn't necessary, but not a bad idea. I use and recommend http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...s-tool-579728/
    08-02-11 08:55 AM
    Thank you all very much for explaining me all clear as im a newbie to BB from Android ..

I m coming across some terms like "MEMORY LEAK " when i browse through this forum .

What does this "MEMORY LEAK " mean.
    AND
    my application storage memory keeps on dynamically change ...why is that when it is meant to static .?
    08-03-11 01:20 AM
    You probably didn't find an update because your carrier hasn't made a newer version of OS6 official yet. However, this doesn't mean you can't update the OS on your 9700 yourself. You can load any version of OS6 onto your 9700, regardless if it's from your carrier, another carrier, or a leaked version. Just follow the steps in this link:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Also, do not be afraid to load up a leaked OS because it's not backed by a carrier. There is no difference between a leaked OS and an official OS. All an official OS is, is the leaked counterpart that the carrier has decided is good enough to support.

That tutorial is excellent but i cannot find any OS listed in apploader except applications .......
    1) I have deleted the vendor.xml as told in that tutorial
    2)i have searched for any other vendor.xml in the whole drive if any existed but could'not
    3) SO what would me my net try ........?
    08-03-11 06:23 AM

That tutorial is excellent but i cannot find any OS listed in apploader except applications .......
    1) I have deleted the vendor.xml as told in that tutorial
    2)i have searched for any other vendor.xml in the whole drive if any existed but could'not
    3) SO what would me my net try ........?
    08-03-11 06:24 AM
    You did download and install an OS for your phone on the PC didn't you? Look in Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and see if it's listed. If it is, I'll give you a step by step on how to get Loader to recognize it.
    08-03-11 06:39 AM
    Ya i have checked the control panel and the os software is listed ...in that something lke "Blackberry Device software v6.0.0.............."

I have downloaded 170 MB file of the bell official relase for x.x.x.615
    Last edited by manuhar; 08-03-11 at 06:52 AM.
    08-03-11 06:49 AM
    Here's what I'd do:

1. Uninstall everything BlackBerry through Control Panel
    2. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader and empty it
    3. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research In Motion->Shared->Loader Files and delete any OS remains found there
    4. Download, install, and use to clean the registry CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    5. Reboot the PC
    6. Run Ccleaner again, just for craps and giggles
    7. Install the OS again. You don't really have to install DM, but if you'd feel better you can. I'd recommend using version 4.6 found here
    8. Search your PC and delete any vendor.xml you find, even if it's in the recycle bin
    9. Repeat step 8
    10. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->Loader.exe and try it again
    08-03-11 07:36 AM
    Im giving a try now ...ill post the progress once it is done .....................
    08-03-11 08:42 AM
    i have tried a fresh install on my other system , this time it worked like charm ....

I do have some questions ..., wish im not vexing you ,

1) mine is 3 network , when i have taken it ...i thought when im upgrading it i would get rid of that stupid 3 logo which comes after boot up ...but it still came.

2)which version of OS 6 is stable till now , for maintaing a backup copy of that version ....so that if any update did not work good we can jump back to that stable pack(.424 , .526 , .615 .....which one)
    Last edited by manuhar; 08-03-11 at 11:11 PM.
    08-03-11 09:48 AM
    That's funny because I just started a thread of this topic before I saw this. I guess I should have looked more carefully. I'm really hoping the OS 6 updates don't dry up quickly.
    08-03-11 04:49 PM
    As far as the 3 logo is concerned, I really wouldnt recommend trying to remove that. There is a way of doing that but at the end of the day, its messing with your blackberry with no performance gain.

I believe the .615 is a pretty good OS. I've been using it for a few days and has been working pretty well.

Just don't forget to do a battery pull every other day or so. Keeps the Blackberry happy!
    08-04-11 07:00 PM
    As far as the 3 logo is concerned, I really wouldnt recommend trying to remove that. There is a way of doing that but at the end of the day, its messing with your blackberry with no performance gain.

I believe the .615 is a pretty good OS. I've been using it for a few days and has been working pretty well.

Just don't forget to do a battery pull every other day or so. Keeps the Blackberry happy!
    ok , thank you very much
    08-05-11 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD