Any way to setup any type of call blocker on my 9700? Started to get a few spam calls from people selling "crap". Signed up with the state of Indiana on the "no call list" but not working. Told the last guy that I am reporting him to the state's attorney generals office. Guess what??.... got another call 10 min. later from the same guy.WOW
    02-16-10 06:00 AM
    I use a program called Call Blocker Professional.

It lets you add as many #'s as you want, set it to block all call, private #'s, blocked #'s.

You can have it on all the time or between certain hours.

It adds a menu option to Block This Contact to the incoming phone log

You can get it on Mobihand for $3.99

Call Blocker Professional | Most feature rich and reliable call blocker for the BlackBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    02-16-10 06:06 AM
    "Call blocker pro". From the app store. Best 3 bucks I EVER spent. You can't go wrong. Totally customize-able to do what you need it to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 06:07 AM
    The "no call list" was just a bad joke against us. The goverment could care less. Nothing is more important than them taking over health care so they can give it to the unions. When was the last time you saw a an elected official not care if he/she got re-elected? Yep, be scared!
    02-16-10 06:25 AM
    02-16-10 06:28 AM
    Im considering buying call blocker pro but having a read of the reviews it seems like someone has said that it doesnt work in the UK, which is where i live and also if your on a call it doesnt work etc.

Can anyone clarify both issues ie are they correct or not??.

I emailed their support the other day and as of yet no reply so pretty disappointed that they havent got back to me with my questions...guess they arent that bothered if people buy the app or not.

But would help me if anyone can clarify that it works in the UK and if theres an issue with you being on the phone and the call blocking doesnt work.
    02-16-10 06:59 AM
    I use a program called Addonis. It offers call blocking and a lot of other great features including a blacklist which allows you to block unknown, blocked numbers, 800 numbers and any number you personally add.

It also features a "send to" option allowing you to add new numbers to either your address book or black list very easily.

02-16-10 07:03 AM
    I use a program called Call Blocker Professional.

It lets you add as many #'s as you want, set it to block all call, private #'s, blocked #'s.

You can have it on all the time or between certain hours.

It adds a menu option to Block This Contact to the incoming phone log

You can get it on Mobihand for $3.99

Call Blocker Professional | Most feature rich and reliable call blocker for the BlackBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    Me too ! It's excellent !

02-16-10 07:14 AM
    Me too ! It's excellent !

+1 for call blocker pro

It has lots of options.
    02-16-10 09:57 AM
    I created a contact named "Do_not_answer". To that contact I add any number I don't know or person or business to whom I don't want talk. There are 6 available number spaces. If I run out, I make a duplicate contact with the same name. I set the custom ring tone to silent and turn LED and vibrate off. I still get a missed call notification but that is the only annoyance I receive. They rarely, if ever, leave a voice mail. If they do, with visual voice mail I can delete it without having to listen to it. They can call all they like. I'll outlast them.
    lazy_man likes this.
    02-19-10 10:16 PM
    I created a contact named "Do_not_answer". To that contact I add any number I don't know or person or business to whom I don't want talk. There are 6 available number spaces. If I run out, I make a duplicate contact with the same name. I set the custom ring tone to silent and turn LED and vibrate off. I still get a missed call notification but that is the only annoyance I receive. They rarely, if ever, leave a voice mail. If they do, with visual voice mail I can delete it without having to listen to it. They can call all they like. I'll outlast them.
    Wow, awesome workaround. No need for apps to run in the background. And no need to pay for another app. Thanks for sharing.
    02-20-10 03:33 AM
    I had done the same thing creating a contact called Do Not Answer then added Don't Answer (12 numbers in all), and will add another contact if need be to block yet more numbers, as I eliminated the "allow for duplicated names" in my contact list to keep it clean.

Appreciate the information about silencing the incoming call ringer and personalizing the contact to eliminate any ringing or notification what-so-ever.

Am trying the Calls Blocker app, too, a freeware:

CallsBlocker – Free App Blocks Unwanted Calls | BerryReview.com �

Perhaps may delete Calls Blocker if application space becomes critical.

So far have plenty of space.

Suggestions?
    02-26-10 10:05 AM
    Although this may be an old post, why didn't anyone every think about setting up a contact alert and add as many people as you want to it? The contact alert I use is SILENT, NO LEDS, NO Vibrations! So you get no notification whatsoever...rather than be limited by a do not answer contact and etc?
    09-24-10 12:45 AM
    QUOTE setting up a contact alert and add as many people as you want to it? The contact alert I use is SILENT, NO LEDS, NO Vibrations! So you get no notification whatsoever UNQUOTE

Excellent work around. I have Calls Blocker and it often mises a number that is on its list, by ringing as if a regular number. I will adapt your excellent suggestion. Thanks and please do pass this solution on.
    Cordially,
    Robert
    09-24-10 07:26 AM
    Question: When you have one of these call blocker programs actvated what does the blocked caller hear? (A message saying their call has been blocked?)

09-24-10 10:40 AM
    Question: When you have one of these call blocker programs actvated what does the blocked caller hear? (A message saying their call has been blocked?)
    With Call Blocker Pro you have the choices of either sending the call to voicemail or pickup/hangup so they can't leave a voicemail. The pickup/hangup option does count as a "talk" minute though. All in all, it's an excellent program that not only lets you block individual numbers, but area codes as well. Or block ALL calls and add an exception list so that only the people you actually *want* to be able to call you at 3am can, rather than some drunk mis-dialing from a bar. This is one of my Gotta Have apps......
    09-24-10 05:23 PM
    Thumbs up for Call Blocker Pro here as well! You can also customize it to send a text message to the blocked caller as well. I have mine set up to pick up & hang up & send a text message that says, "my phone does not receive blocked numbers. Please unblock your number so I can receive your call." It works like a charm!
    09-25-10 11:31 AM
    I would contact my carrier and find out how to block calls. Been doing it for years with Sprint through my account manager. T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T have similar solutions. Best of all it's FREE and don't have to keep up with/pay for future app upgrades if needed.
    08-01-11 03:28 PM
    +1 on the Call Blocker Pro. I have it and works like a charm. Although I wish to find a better blocker that lets the blocked caller hear something that says that "the number you are calling is not in service" or "out of coverage area," not a busy tone or pick up/hang up. Anyone knows a program like it?
    08-02-11 08:04 AM
    You can, you can also avoid using an app and tell the caller NOT to call you anymore or enforcement action will be taken upon them, eg. calling the police.

08-02-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD