Yesterdays doom & gloom RIM's earnings call where the co-ceo's quoted "delayed until the "very late part of August." He blamed the delay on carrier testing" Since there has been numorus reports of different carriers already in testing the Bold 9900/9930. My optimistic question is, might there be a possiblility that certain carriers may have leg up on other carriers in terms of getting the Bold 9900/9930 through a faster testing process? and another optimistic question, "Very late part of August" could mean that that is when most of the world will have the Bold 9900/9930 available? Bla1ze's Sprint sku list shows 08/21/11, is that a release date? or projected timeframe? And YES! obiviously the Sprint call center CSR whom I thought very knowledgable was either misinformed by the Sprint BlackBerry rep, or tried a guess? or just jiived me. My informant was wrong, and I'm wrong by association. My apologizes...I was wrong.
    Last edited by leftypepper716; 06-18-11 at 01:06 PM.
    06-18-11 12:56 PM
    Here you go again. Now you are betting on which carrier can test the 9900 first! LOL!

September at the earliest, likely October.

and yes, you were wrong
    06-18-11 06:02 PM
    Dude! You are a hater! Just please STOP replying to my post stalker,,,damn...you're like Mark Chapman to MY John Lennon...let it go! Go do somthing else besides berate me...Ido NOT like YOU or want any replys from YOU please ignore me and NO MORE replys!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 06:53 PM
    I have no idea, but RIM seems to like AT&T a lot may be due to the fact that AT&T has a lot of resources available to them. In Canada, Rogers may get the upper hand over others. Again, this is based on just history of RIM...
    06-18-11 07:37 PM
    I thought that too...but since AT&T passed on the 9780 it very well may be Sprint in the US (I'm sure Rogers will get the Bold 9900 in Canada 1st) Since Sprint's sku list it 08/21/11 Sprint could be the 1st in the US? Hope so

06-18-11 07:58 PM
    I have no idea, but RIM seems to like AT&T a lot may be due to the fact that AT&T has a lot of resources available to them. In Canada, Rogers may get the upper hand over others. Again, this is based on just history of RIM...
    They like att because they are the largest gsm carrier in the us. They write all they're codes for gsm based phones so they get better batt life and other perks. They usually shaft us cdma folks because they take a device and register them to the qualcom chipset and call it a day which kills our batteries.
    The love both att and tmo again because again gsm. Att has the torch but tmo has the 9780

06-19-11 12:44 AM
    Dude! You are a hater! Just please STOP replying to my post stalker,,,damn...you're like Mark Chapman to MY John Lennon...let it go! Go do somthing else besides berate me...Ido NOT like YOU or want any replys from YOU please ignore me and NO MORE replys!!!

Let's play nice guys. This is supposed to be a helpful place, were all adults and there is no reason for an argument. Its only a phone.

06-19-11 12:47 AM

I am NOT a hater! I find you entertaining. As I see it upsets you I will not longer comment on your desperate RIM voyeurism. Also it is replies and NOT replys, but guess you just retyped it twice.

Sorry if I upset you
    06-19-11 06:13 AM
    I am NOT a hater! I find you entertaining. As I see it upsets you I will not longer comment on your desperate RIM voyeurism. Also it is replies and NOT replys, but guess you just retyped it twice.

Sorry if I upset you
    C'mon Greg, ya ol' bugger! let's not fight heer, I say we grab a pint or two and listen to some words o' wisdom....
    06-21-11 08:45 AM
    Jesus H.......
    06-21-11 09:24 AM
    Jesus H.......
    Now, now...you're in the bible belt...none of that "H" stuff 'round here ibcop? is that like robocop? like ibcartoonist? or just watching wayyyy too many Tarzan movies?
    06-21-11 10:01 AM
    They like att because they are the largest gsm carrier in the us. They write all they're codes for gsm based phones so they get better batt life and other perks. They usually shaft us cdma folks because they take a device and register them to the qualcom chipset and call it a day which kills our batteries.
    The love both att and tmo again because again gsm. Att has the torch but tmo has the 9780

Now that they are using the same chipset they can code the same and no one will be shafted. I don't know much about coding but would think the overall code would be the same, just some minor differences for the radios.
    06-21-11 07:37 PM
    I think the next iphone 4S will be a world phone GSM/CDMA like the Bold 9900/9930 will be, making available to all four US major carriers. The only problem I see in all this is, will Apple just release iphone 4S to Sprint and T-MO and then release iphone 5 to At&t and VZ in Feb. THEN just merge all four carriers in 2013 with iphone 6? Just guessing? But to me, it would seem logical.

06-21-11 08:01 PM
    Can Sprint still get the Bold 9930 released by 08/21/11 or earlier?
    No, at best it will launch November of this year..
    06-23-11 04:05 PM
    No, at best it will launch November of this year..
    Kind of like how you said the PlayBook was 4-5 months away in February?
    wmonger likes this.
    06-23-11 04:13 PM
    Kind of like how you said the PlayBook was 4-5 months away in February?
    It was - "in Sprint stores".....
    ...The Seattle based Sprint stores just got their supply less than a month ago.
    06-25-11 05:25 PM
    I really do hope Sprint gets it first. I have a Tour and I'm long overdue for an upgrade. Come on RIM!!!

06-28-11 06:45 PM
    Update: to be taken with a gallon of salt.

My Bold 9650 had some anomalies that were not solved by re-setting the phone......
    ...Or by the tech folks at the Sprint store who services our account.
    ...I was shipped a re-furb.

A re-store from a fresh backup failed to get the unit back on-line so I had to call tech support...
    ...Who found the issue ( on their end ) and in short order I was up and running again.
    ...BTW Sprint has taken care of their "customer support issues" and have ( as of late ) been a pleasure to deal with.

I flat out asked if he had got any training on the Bold Touch yet as the carrier internal support folks.....
    ...ALWAYS get training prior to launch.

According to the person I spoke with this "training" is generally one month prior to the units flying off the shelves....
    ....No training scheduled as of yet AND,
    ....Training for the Droid Photon takes place in three weeks.

My initial guess of a November release for the Bold is looking more accurate....
    ....I would LOVE IT if this is wrong and it shows up in stores next month.
    ....But I'm thinking NOT.
    07-20-11 06:42 PM
    Today on Facebook, I asked BlackBerry when it would be available. They wouldn't give me a direct answer and they said the same thing for the second time in a row that I asked them. I asked "Will the BlackBerry Bold 9930 be released this month along with BBM 6 for OS7?" They replied "Hi Michael, the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer. For additional information please visit www.blackberry.com/touchbo​ld.
    -Mitchell S
    Community Manager"

Thus, through this post he didn't say all carriers will have it during the summer. He said "beginning" this summer so it can presumed that they may come out at different times. We've heard this with the 9930 with Verizon as it can possibly be launched on July 28th.
    07-20-11 07:15 PM
    Yesterday on Facebook, I asked BlackBerry when it would be available. They wouldn't give me a direct answer and they said the same thing for the second time in a row that I asked them. I asked "Will the BlackBerry Bold 9930 be released this month along with BBM 6 for OS7?" They replied "Hi Michael, the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer. For additional information please visit www.blackberry.com/touchbo​ld.
    -Mitchell S
    Community Manager"

Thus, through this post he didn't say all carriers will have it during the summer. He said "beginning" this summer so it can presumed that they may come out at different times. We've heard this with the 9930 with Verizon as it can possibly be launched on July 28th.
    07-20-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD