My blackberry bold will not show the message that i missed a call or tell me that i have new voicemail. What can i do to make this work. This is a blackberry bold that is unlocked.
    07-20-09 03:59 PM
    Are you actually getting the messages?
    07-20-09 04:04 PM
    Also, check your Profile settings.
    07-20-09 04:42 PM
    What operating system is it running? (Check Options->About, Line 3)

If it's .237 or above, do you know if the Visual Voicemail application has been removed?

If Visual Voice Mail is installed, and you're on AT&T/T-Mobile USA check this thead out:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v-2...e-mail-165708/

You might have to download Desktop Manager, and the OS files to get through this, if this phone is new to you, and you've never used it on your computer.
    07-20-09 08:25 PM
    How would profiles affect anything. I have it set on loud. I can choose from
    vibrate,quiet,normal, phone only and off. Not sure how this would effect anything. allen

Also, check your Profile settings.
    07-20-09 08:34 PM
    I am getting my messages when i go check voicemail just not message popping up telling i either missed a call or have voicemail. Neither come up.
    07-20-09 08:36 PM
    i guess under options it shows v4.6.0.219
    07-20-09 08:39 PM
    It looks like .219 had VVM installed too. You might want to give that link I posted a try, to remove it, if possible.

As for the missed call notification, I'm not sure if this ties in or not. I'm assuming that the phone rings, and you're able to pick up calls, but it doesn't seem to log the missed ones.

Either way, if it's not Visual Voice Mail, you might want to try upgrading the phone to the latest stable OS, or downgrade to 4.6.0.167

Upgrade to .282 (Rogers):
    Rogers Releases OS 4.6.0.282 for the BlackBerry Bold | CrackBerry.com

Downgrade to .167 (AT&T):
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Check these links, if you go the Upgrade/Downgrade Route:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    http://www.crackberry.com/how-downgr...erating-system

Keep in mind to look for the removing of vendor.xml, if you go with the .282 version, since it's a Rogers release.
    07-20-09 08:54 PM
    ok- when i downgraded to the AT&T older OS it worked. I wonder when the new OS will come out and if i should upgrade then or use ROgers? I guess there is no real reason to upgrade at the moment that i am aware of or am i wrong?
    07-21-09 04:47 PM
    Great to hear that downgrading took care of the problem.

It'll probably be a while before AT&T releases a new OS for the Bold. I'm guessing after OS 5.0 is released, but that's only a guess.

.282 does seem to speed things up a bit, but I've found the Alarm doesn't work well on Escalating volume(only matters if you use it). Other than that, its seemed pretty solid. I'd only upgrade to it if you notice any oddities with the phone, or if you feel adventurous. Just remember to back your phone up, and remove the Visual Voice Mail files before upgrading, if you do so.
    07-21-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD