Does anyone know what provider it will be on?
    Is it just going to be a Tour with WiFi?
    Any set date in the near future for more info or release?

Thanks
    07-13-09 12:32 AM
    Does anyone know what provider it will be on?
    Is it just going to be a Tour with WiFi?
    Any set date in the near future for more info or release?

Thanks
    Everything is speculation now.
    But it's a lil more than the Tour with Wifi or a Bold with a 3,2 MP camera.
    07-13-09 02:07 AM
    So far,

Size wise it's between the Tour and the Curve 8900.
    It has the same 3.2 mp camera as the Storm,Curve 8900 and Tour.
    It will have the same 480 x 360 screen as the Tour, though, I believe it is physically smaller than the Bold.
    It has the same 256 internal ram as the curve 8900 and Tour.
    It, supposedly, will have a trackpad like the Gemini.
    It, supposedly, will have or surpass the processor of the Bold (speculation though, since people thought the Tour had a better processor).
    It will be 3G and WiFi compatible.
    07-14-09 07:47 AM
    So far,

It will have the same 480 x 360 screen as the Tour, though, I believe it is physically smaller than the Bold.
    It, supposedly, will have or surpass the processor of the Bold (speculation though, since people thought the Tour had a better processor).
    And appears to be a GSM phone, no?
    07-14-09 02:33 PM
    With the trackpad...can you double click the pad to enter an application (like pressing the trackball in) or do you have to hit a separate button to enter?
    07-14-09 05:01 PM
    And appears to be a GSM phone, no?
    Yes.

With the trackpad...can you double click the pad to enter an application (like pressing the trackball in) or do you have to hit a separate button to enter?
    The trackpad does click, but it's not for certain whether or not it'll actually have the pad or the ball.
    07-14-09 05:10 PM
    the trackpad looks sick
    07-14-09 06:18 PM
    the trackpad is on point
    07-14-09 08:43 PM
    any speculations on which provider?
    07-15-09 12:18 AM
    any speculations on which provider?
    AT&T most likely.
    07-15-09 12:21 AM
    AT&T just got the 8900 though.

It would make more sense for it to come out on t-mobile first. If it goes to at&t a lot of people would be confused and just think it's an 8900 with a trackpad.

T-mobile will probably get it eventually anyway. IMHO RIM should do away with trackballs. They're too high maintenance.
    07-15-09 12:44 AM
    AT&T just got the 8900 though.

It would make more sense for it to come out on t-mobile first. If it goes to at&t a lot of people would be confused and just think it's an 8900 with a trackpad.

T-mobile will probably get it eventually anyway. IMHO RIM should do away with trackballs. They're too high maintenance.
    Usually AT&T gets a lot of newer devices sooner than other carriers, and boy am I happy about that!
    07-15-09 12:46 AM
    So far,

It's exactly the same size as the 8900

Check!

Nope, comes with a trackball.

Processor's max speed is 624MHz.
    07-15-09 05:35 AM
    so its the same processor at the bold?
    07-15-09 06:04 AM

Nope, comes with a trackball.
    Im under the impression that it will have a trackpad as it was noted a few days ago on CBs homepage ie Micheal had a pic of an Onyx with a trackpad.

Unless you know something we dont ie your someone in the know and definitely knows that the Onyx will come with a trackball.

Hopefully it comes with a trackpad...if it does great...if not then no biggie..im still gonna pick one up and wait for the new updated Bold ie Magnum i think its being called.
    07-15-09 06:48 AM
    The early test models of the Onyx had the 8900/Tour style trackball but the later testers and final versions of the Onyx & Driftwood are supposed to have the new trackpad like the Gemini 8520 carries.
    Last edited by experiment626; 07-15-09 at 09:04 AM.
    07-15-09 08:55 AM
    It's exactly the same size as the 8900
    It's actually a bit bigger. I'm pretty sure it'll have a trackpad as well, based on the CB blog.
    07-15-09 08:59 AM
    Unless you know something we dont ie your someone in the know and definitely knows that the Onyx will come with a trackball.
    Well, I'm someone in the know indeed. I've had the Onyx for the past 10 days now (for testing) but I had to give it back. So unless RIM is going to do some hardware changes and that being the reason why they want their engineering samples back, I doubt it's going to get a trackpad.

It's actually a bit bigger. I'm pretty sure it'll have a trackpad as well, based on the CB blog.
    It's *exactly* the same size, maybe 1 mm thicker max. I put it next to my 8900, same height and looked equally thick as well. I put it on top of my 8900 and my 8900 on top of the 9020 and they're exactly the same height. I dunno where you got your info but I can assure you I have mine 1st hand
    Last edited by FooLsKi; 07-17-09 at 10:45 AM.
    07-17-09 10:41 AM
    Well, I'm someone in the know indeed. I've had the Onyx for the past 10 days now (for testing) but I had to give it back. So unless RIM is going to do some hardware changes and that being the reason why they want their engineering samples back, I doubt it's going to get a trackpad.
    The glidepad (trackpad) and the trackball designs are being developed simultaneously. At this point there is no definite answer on which will launch. Also, to the previous poster, it IS a GSM device, but while it will go to AT&T eventually, doesnt mean it wont come to other GSM carriers first.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 07-17-09 at 10:49 AM.
    07-17-09 10:44 AM
    I gave back my trackball device once, and had the trackpad version for almost a month now. It's back and forth, with the OS playing a factor in the development.
    07-17-09 10:48 AM
    I gave back my trackball device once, and had the trackpad version for almost a month now. It's back and forth, with the OS playing a factor in the development.
    Which one do you like better....trackpad or trackball?
    07-17-09 11:29 AM
    Which one do you like better....trackpad or trackball?
    When everything is corrected, Trackpad easily. Trackball feels outdated, once you get accustomed to a TP.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 07-17-09 at 01:43 PM.
    07-17-09 11:43 AM
    Back and forth with the OS? Explain please. The device software will not work on the trackball version past 5.0.0.1xx, which isn't close to the newest bundles. What's the latest version you've used on the trackball version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 01:18 PM
    Since they are releasing the Gemini w/ the Trackpad, they must be comfortable with it as far as hardware goes. I guess it's just a matter of getting it to jive w/ the newer OS software - Gemini will be running on a lower OS, right?
    07-17-09 01:56 PM
    Back and forth with the OS? Explain please. The device software will not work on the trackball version past 5.0.0.1xx, which isn't close to the newest bundles. What's the latest version you've used on the trackball version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My trackball and trackpad had two different builds, as trackball was just .111. I wasn't referring to using the same OS on both, but that the trackpad and the OS has to coincide together in the development. You understand what I'm saying? The decision on which version that's coming out is back and forth, because of certain mishaps.
    07-17-09 02:06 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD