This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to stop my bold from entering sleep mode everytime I but it back in the holster that came with it?
    02-09-09 09:21 PM
    You could try to remove the magnet, or get a case without one. Why would you want to though?
    02-09-09 09:40 PM
    Why would you want to do that? If it's holstered then you're not using it and and would want it sleeping to save battery life.
    02-09-09 09:43 PM
    Well I purchased the autostandby program and I find the autostandby doesn't work when the phone gets put in the holster.
    02-09-09 09:43 PM
    What if you put it in the holster backward?
    02-09-09 09:47 PM
    Well I purchased the autostandby program and I find the autostandby doesn't work when the phone gets put in the holster.

It should, unless you have the Disabling Rules set up and you have one of those programs running. In any case, the sleeper magnet puts it into the same state as Standby, so it's not like you're losing anything.
    02-09-09 09:52 PM
    What if you put it in the holster backward?
    It will still go into sleep mode.
    02-09-09 09:52 PM
    Are you sure? I am finding that my battery lasts longer when autostandby kicks in outside of the holster then when sleep mode kicks in holster
    02-09-09 09:55 PM
    isn't the holster option about the same as autostandby?
    02-09-09 10:24 PM
    the intended effect is going to be same isn't it?
    02-09-09 10:59 PM
    So long as you customize your Profile Notifications so that you still know (tones, vib, blinks, etc) when e-mails, calls, BBIM's etc, still arrive, what matter is it that it may be otherwise in sleep mode? The radios are still on.
    02-09-09 11:48 PM
    Alright, well does anyone know any good holsters or leather cases that DO NOT support the sleeper function. I would like to test this out.
    02-10-09 09:37 AM
    Check the Crackberry store.
    02-10-09 09:41 AM
    Alright, I had not seen any when I glanced over there last night
    02-10-09 12:15 PM
    check the phone ki-osks at your local mall. they have a load of stuff for your phone.

i got a pretty sick leather holster without a magnet but i got it off the street in downtown manhattan.
    02-10-09 02:59 PM
    Why would you want to do that? If it's holstered then you're not using it and and would want it sleeping to save battery life.
    I have a holster that, while it's on my belt, i can flip it down and see who's calling without having to remove it from the holster. But the magnet in it prevents the screen from displaying anything. I would LOVE to turn this feature off.
    06-22-09 08:56 PM
    I am currently using the storm side pouch it fits nicely and I think it has no sleep mode because when I put it in that case the tones that I have set for out of holster go off even when in the pouch so it either is because there is no sleeper magnet or if there is one it doesn't reach the right spot on the bold to put it to sleep since it meant for the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 12:50 AM
    My pearl 8130 has much shorter battery life when in the holster with magnet. I read elsewhere that someone had a way of removing the magnet - could the magnet somehow drain the battery? Otherwise, can't you just press the button on the top to go into standby when you're not on a call?
    07-22-09 10:30 AM
    https://www.niteize.com/collection/steelie.asp

This is a great system and the GPS navigation functions of the phone can be used off of the dash, EXCEPT not because the magnet tosses the handset into sleep mode.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Steven
    06-02-13 01:54 AM
    Okay, I'll be that guy. The guy that answers his own question.

First off, there is no way on the Torch to disable sleep mode. There is on some other phones.

I found, however, that if you move the magnet to within 1 inch or so of either end on the back of the phone, that you can avoid the magnet induced coma. The Steelie system works fine with this offset. You can test this BEFORE removing the protective film from your adhesive by simply moving the magnet around on the back and looking at the screen. Whenever the magnet is near the center, sleep is induced. Once you find a sweet spot where the magnet does not interfere with the narcoleptic proclivities of the telecommunication transceiver, mount away!

Over and out.
    06-03-13 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD