Hi all:

First time poster who is currently living through a bit of a nightmare with the BB. It all started when I finally decided to connect with my computer and try to sync the desktop and BB. It asked for a password which I had forgotten but guessed at 10 times. After the 10th time, the phone locked me out.
    Fortunately, I was able to, with help, determine how to get the cell working again (although I lost all of my contacts and only had about 75% of them in my Outlook.

Anyway, whats strange now, is that I can receive e-mails, but cannot send them. It doesnt make sense. When I tried to respond to any e-mails Ive received on my BB, a message pops up which says, No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft. Whats strange is, prior to this set of nightmares, I had no problem sending e-mail.

Any help, even if its just a link to a thread which discusses this, or an apropos tutorial, would be very appreciated. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.
    08-22-11 12:56 AM
    I did a battery pull, btw, but it did not help. Any help would be MUCH appreciated - Thanks!
    08-22-11 09:23 AM
    Have you tried resending your Service Books?
    08-22-11 12:13 PM
    Have you tried resending your Service Books?
    How does one resend service books, SB?
    08-22-11 10:41 PM
    See if the following helps you:

If you get this message and go to Options > Service Book and see that there is an entry for Desktop [CMIME], then it's usually that the service book has become unregisterred with the messaging subsystem. Highlight the service book (Desktop [CMIME]) click the thumbwheel and choose delete. Once gone, click the thumbwheel and choose undelete. This will bring it back and reregister it.

It's not a guaranteed solution, but much quicker than reactivating if it does work.

AND/OR

No message services configured. Only able to save draft - Smartphone Forums

BTW-- what email client are you using? Like your office outlook or gmail, yahoo etc?
    08-23-11 12:05 AM

If you get this message and go to Options > Service Book and see that there is an entry for Desktop [CMIME], then it's usually that the service book has become unregisterred with the messaging subsystem. Highlight the service book (Desktop [CMIME]) click the thumbwheel and choose delete. Once gone, click the thumbwheel and choose undelete. This will bring it back and reregister it.

It's not a guaranteed solution, but much quicker than reactivating if it does work.

AND/OR

BTW-- what email client are you using? Like your office outlook or gmail, yahoo etc?
    Newest blackberries use trackpads, not thumbwheels anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 12:22 AM
    No need to delete the existing Service Books.

Press the Menu button.
    Select Service Books.
    Click Send Service Books.

Alternately, log in to your BIS account from a computer.
    Click Help.
    Click Send Service Books.
    08-23-11 12:38 PM
    Thanks, bb_guy, your suggestions worked!

AND/OR

08-23-11 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD