Hello, i was successfully able to transfer all my contacts to the phone memory, and all was well. until i added a new contact, and now it keeps asking me to add a new contact i tried adding the new contact but it still asks me to add a new contact. so basically i can not view contacts within the phone memory!
    03-15-09 10:10 AM
    You're going to have to give us more info before we can help you. How did you add the contact to the phone? When you added the contact, were you able to save it? Did you get an error message that said something about "Address Book updated externally..."? What happened after you added the contact? Could you view it in the Address Book?
    03-15-09 01:13 PM
    I added the contacts by copying them from my SIM card, and it gave no error message. In fact, I was able to view the contacts from the address book. The drama began when i added a new contact; it directs me to add a new contact. So I can't view my address book no longer. But the contacts have not been erased from the memory, since I can view them ( when i search for a particular name from the search tool in the main menu). The problem is I just can't view them any longer. i appreciate it Jeff,

cheers,
    03-15-09 03:23 PM
    may i add, can't view them in address book
    03-15-09 03:24 PM
    It sounds like you may have inadvertently set a filter. That will keep you from being able to see your contacts. In the Address Book, press Menu, the select Filter. If any box is checked, uncheck it. That will remove a filter that may have been blocking you from seeing your contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 03:54 PM
    Thank you Jeff, that was the problem.

cheers,
    03-15-09 06:43 PM
    I also don't think you can save it on the sim and get it on another phone... =/
    03-15-09 06:48 PM
    You can transfer your SIM contacts to any phone you please, as far as am aware. Are You having any troubles with the transferring?
    03-15-09 06:57 PM
    You may be able to copy contacts to the SIM however, not all the data is transferred.
    03-15-09 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD