For about a month now i have been trying to install OS6 on my bold 9700. I am not subscribed to blackberry service therefore i keep on getting the message where it says i must be subscribed to it in order to install the new OS. Is there any other way around that ? I tried every single guide out there but to me it seems like most of them show how to install os6 as a BB Service subscriber. I tried different torrents, leaks.. tried re installing the desctop software and even wiped my laptop to bring it to factory state ... i want that os Bad

So basically , is there any way i can trick my Desktop Software into believing that i have BB service, or is there a leaked version of the OS6 where you don't even have to go through the desktop software in order to install it (because that's how i updated the software on my torch, a leak that did not need the desktop software to install at all )

Thank you all in advance !
    Last edited by AlexNotte; 08-05-11 at 04:10 AM.
    08-05-11 04:06 AM
    I do not think you will find a work around when it comes to getting around the required data plan for a phone. If you somehow got the software to work you still need the hardware to connect to function. In otherwords, you need a data plan.
    08-05-11 04:27 AM
    I do not think you will find a work around when it comes to getting around the required data plan for a phone. If you somehow got the software to work you still need the hardware to connect to function. In otherwords, you need a data plan.
    Im almost 100% sure that there's a way around it. As i have seen a thread explaining my question earlier today , however it is very out dated (posted back in 2010) , the links on it don't work and it was very brief . So it would be really helpfull if i could get step by step guide with a working download link for the OS6
    08-05-11 04:38 AM
    I may be missing the point, but without the blackberry data plan you will be unable to do anything more than make phone calls and send texts, so why not just pay for the correct data plan and be able to use the phone as it was designed?
    08-05-11 05:29 AM
    I may be missing the point, but without the blackberry data plan you will be unable to do anything more than make phone calls and send texts, so why not just pay for the correct data plan and be able to use the phone as it was designed?
    You remember that story of "The Kings New Cloths"? 3 guys making new cloths for the king using invisiable thread and invisiable exotic cloths? Everyone could see the king paraded around in his underware while he was convinced he was dressed to the hilt.
    08-05-11 06:26 AM
    No subscription, no OSicks, just as you've experienced. They ensured that the phone be activated to the network for the initial upgrade to take place, no matter what OS or trick you try to apply.
    08-05-11 07:12 AM
    Delete Vendor.xml. Open App loader.exe and use loder.exe to install your OS. Desktop Manager should be used to only back up and restore data.
    08-05-11 08:32 AM
    Delete Vendor.xml. Open App loader.exe and use loder.exe to install your OS. Desktop Manager should be used to only back up and restore data.

How did you miss this? If it were that simple, I'm sure Ed would have posted it too. I know I did and deleted it when I READ what Ed had to say.

No subscription, no OSicks, just as you've experienced. They ensured that the phone be activated to the network for the initial upgrade to take place, no matter what OS or trick you try to apply.
    08-05-11 09:06 AM
    Not sure why that's the case, since they don't block any other upgrade, and it is possible to upgrade from one OSicks to another on a deactivated phone.

The OP was pretty clear. He's tried all the upgrade thread's techniques, and they all fail.
    08-05-11 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD