hi all,

i'm stumped and looking for some help. So my password in enabled on 9700 but I can't disable it. Disable does not show up in scroll menu and all i can do is enter password and change password

any help is greatly appreciated
    01-23-10 11:35 PM
    Is your phone on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)? If it is phone that is connected to your work email account then you probably have an IT policy installed that forces you to have a password for security reasons.
    01-24-10 01:51 AM
    Is your phone on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)? If it is phone that is connected to your work email account then you probably have an IT policy installed that forces you to have a password for security reasons.
    Not sure as I just bought this from someone who indicated that they have gotten another company phone. Even after it wipes clean it stills asks for password.

I have sent email to seller to find out any information. How do we remove from BES?
    01-24-10 06:50 AM
    This phone still has the IT policy enabled. Search for ways to remove it. A wipe won't suffice. Although the device is off BES the policy is not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 07:32 AM
    This phone still has the IT policy enabled. Search for ways to remove it. A wipe won't suffice. Although the device is off BES the policy is not.

i tried a method #3 and didn"t work. Not sure if i did something wrong.
    01-24-10 08:18 AM
    Go to the thread Blackberry Tips, How to, FAQ and about 13 down is how to remove an IT Policy, it might help you out
    Last edited by pounder001; 01-24-10 at 08:34 AM.
    01-24-10 08:31 AM
    You need to perform a "reset to factory" not just a wipe. Use bbsak.

01-24-10 08:35 AM
    Na, that won't do it either. Use crakutil and remove the IT Security policy - problem solved.

01-24-10 10:14 AM
    Read this thread from beginning to end: [URL="http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/"]

Once you have removed the IT policy disconnect the BB from your PC. Make sure it boots up and the password and firewall restrictions have been removed.

Then, look in your Desktop Manager directory and make sure there is no policy.bin file (I ran into his once, where a default RIM Policy showed up). If it is there, delete it. Then connect your BB to DM and go from there.
    01-24-10 11:07 AM
    ^^^^^ do that it does work
    01-24-10 01:19 PM
    Alos make sure you run a manual restore (if you did a backup) and restore only data that you need, doing a full restore may bring back the policy.
    01-25-10 08:50 AM
    Go to Option - Encryption select Disabled then going to Password you should now be able to disable your password.
    03-01-10 06:27 PM
    lol screw all you guys ay...

I downloaded crakutil, clicked "reset IT policy" the blackberry started rebooting, i pulled out the USB cable mid reboot as suggested.

After it finished booting it started WIPING......
    I was like WTF. NO-ONE SAID IT WIPES THE BB..

It did wiping up to 100%
    Then it reset to 0 and did wiping AGAIN
    Then it rebooted AGAIN...

I only pressed Reset IT Policy, so WTF..?

What is going on?
    Did my BB have some kind of Tom Cruise Mission Impossible IT Policy to wipe itself if the IT Policy was ever removed???

Dam you all

PS: I just restored the backup I did before clicking Reset IT Policy
    Everythigs back to normal + password is removed.

Still.

DISCLAIMER FOR EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD.

BACKUP YOUR PHONE FIRST...........
    04-28-10 07:29 PM
    Go to Option - Encryption select Disabled then going to Password you should now be able to disable your password.
    Worked like a charm...to be precise the path is: options>>security options>>encryption. You are awesome devGOD!!
    05-29-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD