I just bought a new Bold 9700 and was wondering if I could use a pair of iPod earphones on it while calling and listening to music. My iPod earphones has a built in microphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 03:44 AM
    I just bought a new Bold 9700 and was wondering if I could use a pair of iPod earphones on it while calling and listening to music. My iPod earphones has a built in microphone.

sure, why not
    01-10-10 03:46 AM
    How do I use them?

01-10-10 03:52 AM
    plug them in, see if they work
    01-10-10 03:53 AM
    I don't hear any thing when I play music

01-10-10 03:54 AM
    They should work as long as they are 3.5s which they most likely are.

01-10-10 03:58 AM
    I use my iPod earphones with my phone all the time. When you plug them in, make sure they are in all the way. Also double check in media player that the headset is activated (Menu > Activate Headset).

If you still don't hear anything, try the OEM earphones. Still no sound then, the jack may be broken.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 01-10-10 at 04:30 AM.
    01-10-10 04:27 AM
    I use iphone headphones with my 9700 and they also work on my 9000 - both for listening and for talking. the mic and the button work perfectly!
    01-10-10 04:29 AM
    Do I always have to 'activate headset' when I call?

01-10-10 05:07 AM
    Do I always have to 'activate headset' when I call?

It is suppose to activate automatically when you plug the earphones in.

01-10-10 06:00 AM
    I used the iphone ear piece on my 9700 and the 9000. It works for both, but I notice when you plug the ear phone on the 9700. It makes a sound that it is connected. Pretty cool!

01-10-10 08:20 AM
    Just posted a similar question in this thread

The stock headphones that came with the 9700 are rubbish.

I have a beautiful pair of Senheisser buds but they have no in line mic or pause button.
    My problem is that I can't take a call if I am listening to music.
    What am I doing wrong.

All I want is the music to pause, the headphones should then allow me to hear caller and I talk into phone. This does not happen for some reason.
    01-10-10 08:34 AM
    you can just press the speaker key when calling to switch output..
    01-10-10 08:37 AM
    you can just press the speaker key when calling to switch output..
    Which one is "the speaker key"? Do you mean volume key?
    01-10-10 03:17 PM
    The one where the dollar sign is on.
    01-10-10 05:14 PM
    I'm having some issues with my iPod earphones. They're the new king with mic and volume buttons. When I'm on a call and plug them in, it doesn't switch over to the headset - the stock ones do every time. I have to manually switch the phone over and sometimes it doesn't work. Has anyone else seen this issue?

01-11-10 02:11 AM
    The one where the dollar sign is on.
    Thanks I'll try that.
    01-12-10 02:47 PM
    @GWBold mine does this exact same thing, i have the apple in ear headphones, with mic and volume buttons. It would be kewl if we could use the volume buttons. Hopefully in the future we can.
    01-12-10 03:01 PM
    Agreed that the packed-in BB earbuds aren't that great (which is surprising b/c the device itself and even the holster are very high quality). But I hear people on the other end of the spectrum saying they use Bose ear buds with their 9700.

If you have Bose or Sennheiser, then great, use them. But IMO, it's not worth it to go buy $50 to $100 ear buds for exclusive use with the 9700, b/c Slacker and Pandora (plus the music player) don't offer the customization or overall quality to make that a worthwhile purchase.

When I made the decision to get a 9700 instead of an iPhone (which was aided by some really crappy AT&T salesmanship), I pretty much accepted that this was going to be more of a professional device for use with email, etc., as opposed to a "fun" music player and web browser. Then again, I had no idea that the BB App World was as big as it is, and I was thrilled to discover that iheartradio and Pandora were available for Blackberry!
    01-12-10 03:21 PM
    sure, but the iPod earphones are POS.
    Might was well use a good pair while you're at it
    01-12-10 09:04 PM
    @GWBold mine does this exact same thing, i have the apple in ear headphones, with mic and volume buttons. It would be kewl if we could use the volume buttons. Hopefully in the future we can.
    Hi Canadian Student, thanks and sorry you have the same issue. Must be an issue with the connections with the volume up/down buttons I guess.
    01-12-10 11:26 PM
    If everything's operating correctly the headphones would work. They are no different than the ones from blackberry ( except the color )
    01-12-10 11:33 PM
    @GWbold9000 yeah hopefully they get that fix. I actually tried it yesterday and it worked fine. I answered the call, then plugged my headphones in, and it started working right away. What firmware are you on?
    01-13-10 12:39 PM
    I'm on .405, AT&T's latest. Strange thing is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't… who knows. My stock RIM earphones work all the time but has static whenever the plug moves. Oh well, good thing i don't really use them much.
    01-16-10 02:40 AM
    it works u just have to jiggle it in
    02-16-10 01:52 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD