Hello there,

I have a BlackBerry 9780 with BIS running OS6. My company e-mail, calendars, drive, all is on Google. My Google account is associated with a number of calendars (under the same e-mail address). Anyway, there is my personal calendar where all my appointments, etc. go, and there are a number of other calendars (calendars of various activities, departments, etc.). My phone has no problem syncing my personal calendar, but how can I add all those other calendars? I can't seem to be able to figure it out...Is it something that I have to set on the phone, or in my google calendars?

Thank you in advance
    05-15-13 10:24 AM
    Yes. You have to set up separate Gmail accounts for each calendar (you can't just sync the add-on Google calendars on a single account). You can view and edit them on on your main Google Calendar, but each has to have its own separate Gmail account. Then you set up each account separately on BIS on your phone. Each will display a calendar and you can display them all together with a different color for each.
    05-15-13 02:26 PM
    Thanks for your reply, although I was hoping I wouldn't come to this...If there is one company that I did not expect this kind of "pain in the a**" from it is BlackBerry. Why does this have to be so difficult, iPhone and Android can do it easily, and BB whos biggest edge is messaging and e-mailing can't? Interesting...

Anyway, might be a silly question but how do you create a separate account for a calendar? Thanks again in advance
    05-16-13 06:37 AM
    The OS6-7 / BIS architecture is old. Blackberry was pushing Gmail and syncing calendars before there was an iPhone or Android. Because Blackberry had reached the limits of that old architecture, they pretty much stopped development of it and bet the whole company on OS10 (which seems to be paying off) so that they can expand into the future. Choice of phones is not a religious or moral issue as the bickering on this site would sometimes suggest. There is no reason not to use iPhone or Android if it serves you better.

That said, to work around this with OS6-7 / BIS, just create more Gmail accounts on Google (they're free). Each Gmail account comes with its own calendar and contacts. You can then use your main Gmail calendar and in settings attach your other Gmail calendars. On your 9780, just add those Gmail accounts the same as you did your first one and choose to sync the calendar (no need to sync the contacts). Unlike iPhone or Android, since BIS is handling the back end, this doesn't create more battery drain. Hide the mailbox since you won't be using it. On the settings on your BB calendar you can change the colors of each one but display them all together.

Hope that helps.
    05-16-13 09:52 AM
    Thanks for that.
    05-21-13 03:28 PM