I've got the Bold 9000, and I'm using OS 5.0 (5.0.0.464).

My sister went in my phone and deleted ALL my text messages, I've checked SMS Inbox and SMS Outbox, and all the folders, and I didn't have the option selected to save SMS to Sim Card, so no SMS's there.

Is there any way at all to retrieve my deleted text conversations? Any hidden folders or logs or anything in the phone's software files to retrieve the texts?
    02-20-10 11:07 AM
    No, but if you have done a back up on your PC through DM you can pull then from there.
    02-20-10 11:08 AM
    No, but if you have done a back up on your PC through DM you can pull then from there.
    Darn, I haven't done that backup. And the bad thing is, she also deleted all my MMS, I had pictures and videos I hadn't saved yet, they were still inside the MMS messages, so I lost all those too.
    02-20-10 11:10 AM
    Back up regularly and don't let your sister touch your device.
    02-20-10 11:13 AM
    Unless backed up there is no way you can retrieve your deleted sms.
    I suggest using the free software from SmrtGuard :: Wireless Backup and Smartphone Security.
    They have plenty of security features and automatic backup via cloud while running in the background. The best thing is that you can restore your data at any time without the need of computer.
    02-20-10 11:59 AM
    Just curious, why was she deleting anything on your berry anyways?
    02-20-10 12:18 PM
    Just curious, why was she deleting anything on your berry anyways?
    We were on a long trip home last night, I was driving, her phone died so she used mine to text someone for a while, I guess she didn't want me to read the messages so she was attempting to delete the conversation, but apparently ended up deleting ALL my text and mms messages in the process.

Oh well, not a huge deal really, but kind of annoying. I like to save my text messages. Guess that's that though.
    02-20-10 12:53 PM
    Likely the files were originally saved on the microSD card. The data on the card can sometimes be recovered if the file(s) was not overridden.
    There is a free program to recover the file(s) on a card
    Go to CONVAR
    Install their free program called PC Inspector Smart Recovery
    PC Inspector SMART RECOVERY
    02-20-10 02:32 PM
    using fixmo tool you can ''undelete'' things...
    02-20-10 02:33 PM
    Human error. Should have never let your sister use your phone to message her lovers and then hide it from her husband.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 05:54 AM
    now finding that....can you give us a link?
    Let me google that for you

Really?

Chris
    02-21-10 08:45 AM
    I received the message but when my battery run out and I charge it and the message was not there anymore but I didnt deleted it manually because the thread of the conversation was there.But Iam looking for that specific message was not already there and its like 5 threads I mean sent and reply. Im just wondering. Can I still retrieve the message?
    11-17-13 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD