i have a 9900 that fell and this part came out, company said it cant be fixed... Dont know if it's true or they are being lazy and want me to pay for another.. where can i find this part? any ideas or suggestions?
    02-28-12 12:52 PM
    Not sure if it can fixed or not, it looks like soldering it together it might could get it fixed.
    It's attached on the motherboard of the 9900 though. Take a look.
    How did that part actually fell off? Did you accidently dropped it somehow?

02-28-12 01:04 PM
    Not sure if it can fixed or not, it looks like soldering it together it might could get it fixed.
    It's attached on the motherboard of the 9900 though. Take a look.
    How did that part actually fell off? Did you accidently dropped it somehow?

Ye ... It fell... Strange how inside came apart, it wasn't that high of a fall.. So it the motherboard... I'm not sure if soldering would be my perferred option.. But if it's the only option I would have no choice... How much would a motherboard cost
    Last edited by megaboast; 02-28-12 at 01:14 PM.
    02-28-12 01:11 PM
    02-28-12 01:35 PM
    Assuming that you or your company bought it new, try to contact your service provider and get a replacement for free. I think it would fall under hardware malfunction and they should have no problem replacing it. I had a Storm 2 a while back which I dropped, the screen cracked from the inside. You couldn't feel the out line of the crack from the top of the screen, called Verizon told them what happened (explained the cracked screen)and since I had just gotten it like 2 months before and was still under manufacturers warranty(usually 1 year) they sent me a new one for free. Give it a try.
    02-28-12 01:42 PM
    doesnt look so... they only have the middle frame... yes, it the mother i seem to need
    02-28-12 01:42 PM
    Assuming that you or your company bought it new, try to contact your service provider and get a replacement for free. I think it would fall under hardware malfunction and they should have no problem replacing it. I had a Storm 2 a while back which I dropped, the screen cracked from the inside. You couldn't feel the out line of the crack from the top of the screen, called Verizon told them what happened (explained the cracked screen)and since I had just gotten it like 2 months before and was still under manufacturers warranty(usually 1 year) they sent me a new one for free. Give it a try.
    thanks, i'll look into that option..
    02-28-12 01:49 PM
    looks like this bold 9900 is so fragile compared to my old 9000. i have problems with the sim connector itself, one of the copper pins fell off. does anyone know the solution for this issue? is there a replacement part?
    02-28-12 08:05 PM
    I got a few laying around send me a text ill send text or bbm 845 597 9421 ill send you some pics of the frame 20$ shipped and it's really easy 6 screws (t. 5)
    Last edited by igotberryfever; 02-28-12 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Playbook spell checker
    02-28-12 08:31 PM
    looks like this bold 9900 is so fragile compared to my old 9000. i have problems with the sim connector itself, one of the copper pins fell off. does anyone know the solution for this issue? is there a replacement part?
    That one is a tuff one but is fixable.
    02-28-12 08:33 PM
    Ya, 9000 was a tank. Mine was unbreakable.
    02-28-12 08:35 PM
    Ye ... It fell... Strange how inside came apart, it wasn't that high of a fall.. So it the motherboard... I'm not sure if soldering would be my perferred option.. But if it's the only option I would have no choice... How much would a motherboard cost
    It's not a mother board its the middleframe cheap fix pm for price I can ship Tomorrow
    02-28-12 08:35 PM
    Ya, 9000 was a tank. Mine was unbreakable.
    Mine is STILL unbreakable. I show it off all the time, and people admire all its dents and scratches and ask if it works... yes it does!
    02-28-12 08:40 PM
    Mine is STILL unbreakable. I show it off all the time, and people admire all its dents and scratches and ask if it works... yes it does!
    I don't think there is any BB in the past that had so many defects like Bold 9900.

I am even affarid to download app because I don't want a bricked phone.
    02-28-12 08:47 PM
    I've had my Bold 9930 for about 2 weeks now and so far so good, I must admit though that it seems more cheaply made than my world edition and storm 2. That said I am fairly satisfied with the phone and the new os. My biggest gripe is the camera, I would rather have a 3.2 mp camera with auto-focus than a 5mp camera without... Anyways good luck man, if it's new enough or you have insurance I would try those routes first before taking out the soldering iron.

Edit: Actually I take that back, seams more durable than my old 8830 world edition but my storm 2 was tough stuff, while everyone had a broken Iphone screen from a single drop, my storm 1+2 fell many times and I had to literally smash my storm 1 on the pavement intentionally (more than once) to break the screen..
    Last edited by randalj327; 02-28-12 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Just realized I was wrong
    02-28-12 09:00 PM
    That one is a tuff one but is fixable.
    any DIY on this? thanks
    02-28-12 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD