I've searched the forums and all I get are t-mobile references. I'm asking this because I usually don't get good service at my house and yesterday my bother calls while I'm browsing the web on wifi, and he came in clear as day.

Thanks for any answers.
    05-20-09 03:32 PM
    No it cannot
    05-20-09 03:33 PM
    I guess my bold just gets better reception at my place. I knew it was too good to be true!
    05-20-09 03:36 PM
    that s a big feature that the bold is missing no much we can do beside hoping that it s predecessor will have it
    05-20-09 04:05 PM
    The bold is UMA capable, but is a carrier only option in which none have opted to have the UMA feature allowable on their networks.

Reason why is that the bold is usullay used as a 3G and 2G phone which UMA will interfere with GSM or basically you won't have 3G and that is why the bold is never programed for UMA as i wished it did cause i want Rogers TalkSpot...

The 8900 is UMA supported and abotu 7-8 more phones are for Rogers UMA talkspot service which = you can talk over your Internet Connection for FREE.
    05-20-09 07:47 PM
    Yea, basically UMA and 3G hardware don't play well together. Here is an interesting read: BlackBerry - Wifi PDA - Wi-Fi Enabled BlackBerry Smartphones - Wireless Networking

Chris
    05-21-09 12:06 AM
    Yea, basically UMA and 3G hardware don't play well together. Here is an interesting read: BlackBerry - Wifi PDA - Wi-Fi Enabled BlackBerry Smartphones - Wireless Networking

Chris
    thanks for the link; wish this UMA biz would pick up here with rogers; tmobile roaming on UMA seems to be the best moneysaver for the out of town/city/country/continent trips..!!
    06-09-09 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD