07-24-09 03:39 PM
64 123
tools
    well it does not work. I only see ring tones in memory and nothing on the SD card. A call to Alpine confirmed this.
    That's ok. One I have a iPod Touch really for music. Two, I will get the BT add on soon anyways. Three if I get the new iPhone and drop my BB, I will always have my music.
    06-04-09 08:36 PM
    i want to do this with my honda when i get back to u.s.
    06-04-09 08:37 PM
    i want to do this with my honda when i get back to u.s.
    It's really friggin great.
    06-04-09 09:37 PM
    most new cars come with blue tooth, i think this is the best way to sync your phone to play music through your car, actually seems pretty simple and no wires required.
    06-04-09 09:59 PM
    Your radio get USB connect and bluetooth but not 3.5mm jack?
    06-04-09 10:26 PM
    Your radio get USB connect and bluetooth but not 3.5mm jack?
    This is true for me. I have the option of configuring for aux in or USB but not both. The Bluetooth is an add on module. The radio and BT module are both Alpine and matched to each other, but the BT module is made by Parrot for Alpine.
    06-06-09 08:58 AM
    If the music is being streamed through the bluetooth from the berry to the stereo, I wonder what the quality Is like..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Depends on the quality of the audio source

Being in Canada i can't comment on pandora but when i use flycast in my car over bt it sounds great when i listen to high quality stations. Lower quality stations sound a little distorted but still decent.

Music stored on my sd card sound great.
    06-06-09 09:20 PM
    The quality is very good using Slacker over BT. Better than FM, not quite as good as CD.
    06-07-09 12:25 AM
    Hello,
    Digitalboy has pretty much confirmed what I experienced today hooking my Bold to my car via USB. I have a Kenwood with USB and it seems that my stereo is only reading the phone's onboard memory. My stereo scans for media files but nothing comes up.
    If anyone knows of a way to disable just the device memory mass storage and keep the SD card available via mass storage I'd by in luck.
    Or even if I could force the SD card to be read first...
    I think I'm SOL but my stereo does have a 3.5mm. Who wants that though when you can go digital? Quality is way better. Back to USB drives...
    07-08-09 04:12 PM
    It's worth it. There are some less expensive options. If your stereo is Satellite ready, you can use those ports. You can also get a box that uses the antenna connection. Both are wired options and require removal of the stereo. They also both work quite well. I have the Sat option in the wife's vehicle, and the antenna one in my truck. I probably have $50-$60 in each install. The AUX in my car is the easiest.
    While you didn't actually tell me what to do, your comment made something click in my head and a trip to RadioShack and $10 later I can now play audio from my Bold over my car stereo! Thanks bt224!

So I have a 2000 Harley Davidson Ford F-150 - it's actually my father's truck but he's been letting me use it since I started grad school and subsequently graduated during a massive recession. I'm only working part-time so I can't afford a new car, not one that I want anyways; and I don't want to pay to replace his stock radio deck.

However, he has satellite radio installed with an external unit mounted on the front of the center console, between the seats.

After reading your post I ran down to the truck and lo-and-behold there was a 3.5mm output from the satellite unit running to the deck. It was wired under the carpet so when unplugged the male 3.5mm only had a few inches but I plugged it into my Bold, turned on the radio and the satellite unit, and voila!

I guess the $10 was unnecessary but it added the convenience I required. I bought a 3 foot Male-Male 3.5mm extension cable and a coupler and now everything is perfect! The coupler would not have been necessary, obviously, if I had bought a Male-Female 3.5mm extension cable but RadioShack only had those in 6 feet or larger, which is huge overkill for what I needed.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jeffreii; 07-24-09 at 02:18 PM.
    07-24-09 02:16 PM
    This is what I have in my truck, 1999 Ford 4x4. It will work in your 2000 as well. I ran the 3.5 from the lighter cover to the back of the mount, so you really can't see it.
    I use this for my bold, it bolts to the mount.
    Bracketron : Grip-iT Mobile Device Holder

Bracketron : Custom Bezel Mounts
    07-24-09 02:26 PM
    No thanks - my Bold sits comfortably in one of the cup holders in the center console, directly above the satellite radio unit.
    07-24-09 02:50 PM
    It aint pretty but I just use one of those old Discman adapters that go from the headphone jack to a special tape. I still have my factory tape/6 disc changer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 03:15 PM
    I drive a 2008 Honda Civic LX coupe. It has a line-in jack for plugging in MP3 players. I just use the 2-foot 3.5mm stereo audio cable-male/male to connect the BlackBerry to the line-in jack in the dash.
    07-24-09 03:39 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD