Can anyone tell me if there is a way for the 9650 to basically be on silent, but allow one specific number to ring audibly? In an ideal world, I would like to have my 9650 be silent at night when I'm sleeping, however be able to have a specific number from an answering serivce come through. Can this be done Contact Alert settings or by any other means??

Thanks for any thoughts!
    06-19-10 02:06 PM
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way for the 9650 to basically be on silent, but allow one specific number to ring audibly? In an ideal world, I would like to have my 9650 be silent at night when I'm sleeping, however be able to have a specific number from an answering serivce come through. Can this be done Contact Alert settings or by any other means??

Thanks for any thoughts!
    You can if you set phone on silent and for the one contact set the ringer from active profile to whatever volume

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 02:41 PM
    You can if you set phone on silent and for the one contact set the ringer from active profile to whatever volume

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    how? Do you go into the individual?
    06-19-10 08:22 PM
    Yes you would set a custom profile where it would have the individual contact set to ring instead of set to active profile.

Go to your profiles, then "set contact alerts" you can customize it all from here.
    06-19-10 08:24 PM
    Thank you! I now have the 9650 setup to where I can have it set on silent, however any call from the answering service does come through. Thanks again!
    06-20-10 06:32 AM

Storm for Me: November 08 - Replaced with Bold 9650!
    Tour for Wife: July 09 - Replaced with Bold 9650 by Verizon no charge!
    This is great - you've managed to combine narcissism and pointing out a (potentially costly) Verizon warranty replacement snafu in one signature.
    06-20-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD