Does anyone know if it's possible to remove and install a better camera on the bold? I know it's possible to remove the camera, just don't know if there's anyway I can install a 5mp or 8mp camera into the bold. Afterall the camera is the only downside I feel about the bold. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks! (:
    07-05-09 03:14 AM
    Well considering it's only meant to display a 2.0 megapixel camera i would say not likely. Even if you did install a camera (which I doubt), the camera would only recognize a 1600 x 1200 resolution anyway.

it's just not possible without severely modding the thing because the curve's 3.2 mp camera is bigger etc...
    07-05-09 03:17 AM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to remove and install a better camera on the bold? I know it's possible to remove the camera, just don't know if there's anyway I can install a 5mp or 8mp camera into the bold. Afterall the camera is the only downside I feel about the bold. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks! (:
    i don't think so

i think u need to mod with lots of things if u do that

however if u able to do it, please post it in this forum
    07-05-09 07:55 AM
    even if you could modify the camera you will be hard pressed to find the camera software to take advantage of the new optics you installed
    07-05-09 08:27 AM
    Not only the camera is important, but also the quality of the type of lens that is used, 2MP could be just fine, the Bold's camera lens just sucks bigtime
    07-05-09 05:12 PM
    I dont believe so. Its better waiting for the Onyx to come out. As for the camera my Bolds camera takes ok pics. Much better than the 1.3mp of my Curve lol.
    07-05-09 05:24 PM
    buy a 2nd cheap phone with good camera or a digital camera with bluetooth ? much better
    07-06-09 07:03 AM
    Give it a shot.The Bold is easy to take apart I think it's worth a shot to see what happens.
    07-06-09 07:05 AM
    the camera is lot better in the Storm as it has autofocus as well
    07-06-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD