Apologies if there is another thread the same - I have spent a while looking and could not find the same problem in any other threads..

There is a problem with my camera, and i wandered if anyone knew a fix. When i load the camera everything opens as normal, I then click to take the image and the image I am taking freezes onto the screen suggesting that the image has taken correctly - then the blackberry flashes up with

'could not capture the image'

and it does not save - it then returns to the camera screen as though to take another photo. I tried the video camera, and all works fine.. but the camera just doesnt want to save the image.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dan.
    09-02-11 03:48 AM
    Hi Dan

Your issue is most likely to be a software/file system related issue. I would suggest we start troubleshooting with the flash card (memory card). If you happen to have a replacement flash card, please swap it and check it out. If that's not possible then we would require to Run a Repair on your flash card. On the device go to the Storage section and press the Menu button that is the Blackberry button with the 7 dots. One of the option would be repair. See if that helps.
    Second course of troubleshooting would to remove the memory card from the device and see if we can click photos. If we can isolate the issue to be with the memory card then. You may backup your data, copy all the contents of the card to your hard drive. Format the card, reinsert it back into the device, let the device create the respective folders for all items. Restore the files from the backed up folders.

If all these steps do not help then we would have to consider wiping your device and installing a different OS (instructions can be easily found in the forum)
    09-02-11 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD