I just received my second replacement Bold, this one a refurb. After setting it up, I noticed that the little LED on the back, above the camera lens, seems to be on all the time. Not really bright, but sort of glowing – like ET’s heartlight. I cannot remember if this was also true on the previous 2 Bolds, but I don’t think so.

I also peeked into the holster, and it seems to be glowing a little. I also fired off the flash to see if it worked. It did.

I turned off the flash in both the Camera and Video menus. If this is normal, fine. I should have paid more attention or not sent back the defective unit so quickly.

Thanks
    Last edited by lark54; 08-14-09 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo: Heading should read Camera
    08-14-09 08:52 AM
    This is not normal.
    08-14-09 08:54 AM
    ET phone home?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 09:47 AM
    Yea definitely not normal, I would say another warranty replacement is due
    08-14-09 11:38 AM
    Definetly not normal...

I read all these horror stories, usually from people on AT&T, about all of these replacement bolds that they get... some people actually on 3 or 4th one!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous... I got my bold from rogers in January, and it is still perfect. I feel lucky after reading these stories...

My question is: doesn't AT&T have some sort of QUALITY CONTROL?? how can some one like this poor guy (the OP) get a replacement bold, and immediately noticed that it's phucked up??

I would hope, that in the unlikely event that my bold bites the dust, that Rogers would care enough to replace it with SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!

Just my $0.02, good luck to the Original Poster!
    08-14-09 11:57 AM
    This is aggravating. First I had to do the Mass Storage Fix, then re-load everything, then I noticed the camera flash is possessed. What a waste of time.
    08-14-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD