I downloaded 297 back when it was first available from AT&T but have not updated the OS on my wife's Bold. I'm wondering if 297 will fix this. The biggest problem for her is that her call will regularly drop about 10 minutes into a call when she is at home (signal is good, -70db). Anyone experience this? I don't want to move to 297 and have it not fix this issue or make things worse. The phone is nearly 100% stock, no themes. The only running app is BuzzMe. I also have BuzzMe on my 8900 and never ran into the dropped call issue.
    09-07-09 01:31 PM
    You can get .297 from here.

https://hookedontronyx.com/Operating-Systems.html

Delete the vendor file.
    09-07-09 03:16 PM
    I downloaded 297 back when it was first available from AT&T but have not updated the OS on my wife's Bold. I'm wondering if 297 will fix this. The biggest problem for her is that her call will regularly drop about 10 minutes into a call when she is at home (signal is good, -70db). Anyone experience this? I don't want to move to 297 and have it not fix this issue or make things worse. The phone is nearly 100% stock, no themes. The only running app is BuzzMe. I also have BuzzMe on my 8900 and never ran into the dropped call issue.
    Keep in mind everyone has a different experience with each OS. I have had more failed calls and worse battery drain on 297 than on any other OS. But others report the opposite. If I had the gumption right now to do another OS install I would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 03:21 PM
    To your point, I was on .301 had total battery collapse. Back to .297 and all is well.
    09-07-09 03:41 PM
    Another thing you can do other than switching to another OS is turning off the 3G. A lot of the times you get a dropped call is when it switches from 2G to 3G. Keep in mind since your on AT&T you would have switch to another OS. Any OS from .282 and higher will let you switch off the 3G. I think you can also debrand your phone to switch off the 3G.
    09-07-09 04:31 PM
    loaded 297, we will see. I do see the connection switch between 2g and 3g sometimes. I may try disabling 3g if updating to .297 doesn't resolve this issue. thanks!
    09-07-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD