I have the Blackberry 9700 from T-mobile since i got in Dec when it came out my caller ID has not worked i will get a call and will only show the persons number as if i dont have them saved on my contacts. when i go to my call history it shows there name. when john calls i see 3121234567 on my screen then in my history i see john....it happens whether i save the number with a 1 or a +1 or no one or if someone calls my phone and i add to contacts from the call history...i was waiting for the update well update is here and still have the problem do any of you have had this problem or suggest what to do.....and tech support from t-mobile or RIM haven't helped much all...they just say wait for the update or app loader and none have worked......
    05-21-10 03:24 AM
    Telus user here, I haven't had that problem yet.

From the looks of it, that could be a hardware issue since no update seems to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 04:35 AM
    Do you have encryption turned on? That happened to me when I had encryption for my contacts turned on. Options -> Security Options -> Encryption -> Include Contacts: 'No'. Then the caller ID should turn up fine.
    05-21-10 04:44 AM
    That is the problem that I started having when I upgraded to .593 and also .656.
    Which OS are you using. Is your number private or blocked?
    05-21-10 02:09 PM
    That is the problem that I started having when I upgraded to .593 and also .656.
    Which OS are you using. Is your number private or blocked?
    No disrespect, but this is nothing like your problem. Yours is an incompatibility between OS and AT&T's own Caller ID feature. Easy fix... downgrade back to .405

The OP's problem is just a Security encryption issue. Easy fix... disable Contacts encryption.

05-21-10 04:19 PM
    Lol... Exactly what specific att callerid feature are you referring too?

05-21-10 06:25 PM
    ^^ thats what i would like to know...
    05-21-10 11:00 PM
    Lol... Exactly what specific att callerid feature are you referring too?
    Lol? This one... Caller ID and Call Blocking - Wireless from AT&T

05-22-10 12:18 AM
    Uh that is just a basic explanation. There is nothing specific to AT&T in that write up. Our HLRs are the same ones used all over the world. How might I know that? Because in a previous life I worked for the vendor that sold them - and the call servers for that matter.

05-22-10 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD