there seems to be a fault with the headphone jack as it's not sure whether headhphones are plugged in or not, so it keeps switching between headset and headphone profiles - which makes it impossible to make or receive calls
    I've seen many people complain of similar issues with their Bold 9700s but no answers. How can we fix this problem??!!!

here is a link to a video in youtude to show you what happens

05-09-10 04:37 AM
    You have to insert your jack again and gently prone a little around, I've had this issue on my Curve 8900 (and therefore don't use any headphones with my Bold.

Proning around kicks the switch back in place so it no longer expects a headphone.

I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. You might consider a BlueTooth (A2DP) Headset to avoid this issue in the feature.
    05-09-10 04:52 AM
    JunkieXP thank you, your tip worked! This happened to my last S2 and verizon replaced it. I'm just glad I don't have to go through that hassle again.
    06-20-10 02:07 AM
    I fixed mine!!! So when you look inside the phone jack port, right near the entrance there is a gold tab. Take a pin and pull it up a bit. Keep lifting this tab until it comes up a bit. The phone should start working normally again. This is the faulty equipment piece that causes the error. Smh....something so small causes so many problems.
    08-02-11 10:05 AM
    I had this problem with my 9700 and in the end wiping it and reloading the firmware fixed it. Very odd.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 11:41 AM
    I fixed mine!!! So when you look inside the phone jack port, right near the entrance there is a gold tab. Take a pin and pull it up a bit. Keep lifting this tab until it comes up a bit. The phone should start working normally again. This is the faulty equipment piece that causes the error. Smh....something so small causes so many problems.
    That is totally the winning answer.

Sidenote on mine: I had this a few times, I followed the directions in the oldest threads and it got corrected. Man, it was annoying. But it's fine now. I'll use your directions next time it happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-mode-393780/ The original thread I wanted to link. This should be stickied.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 08-02-11 at 02:51 PM.
    08-02-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD