Loving this thing so far.
    Only issue I've had so far is that I can't calibrate the compass everytime. Only about 1 in every 5 times. Is there a special trick to this thing? Also, is it just my until or do I have to calibrate it everytime I use an app that requires it? I calibrate it, then use the compass, then try Wikitude and I have to calibrate it again and most times I am unsuccessful. Are you guys having any issues with the calibration process?
    08-18-11 11:43 PM
    I didn't even know these things had a compass haha

Just found it now that you mentioned it. Pretty cool
    08-19-11 02:04 AM
    I don't have any problems calibrating it (sometimes takes longer than normal) but it just asks to me calibrate it all the time when I use wikitude (several times without leaving the app), to the point where I don't even really use wikitude because I don't want to be waving my blackberry around in public like a crazy person every time I use it.
    08-19-11 02:31 AM
    Perhaps you can share where the compass is? I have a 9930 and haven't found it.
    08-19-11 07:45 AM
    mine is the same, i have to constantly calibrate it... its a bug in the OS
    08-19-11 10:56 AM
    Yes, I have to constantly calibrate it (best done in the privacy of your own home or bathroom stall at a bar!), and half the time it doesn't work and I just give up.
    08-19-11 11:03 AM
    mine is the same, i have to constantly calibrate it... its a bug in the OS
    are you sure?
    because yeah, its a PITA!
    08-19-11 11:19 AM
    Look in your applications folder, or just do a search on the phone. Should be there unless it was disabled for some reason.
    08-19-11 11:56 AM
    Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one cause other than this, my device has been perfect(for what I use it for).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Frosty_Power; 08-20-11 at 08:36 AM.
    08-20-11 08:33 AM
    There was a thread on here somewhere where some users were saying their compass app wasn't preloaded on their device...check it out. Not sure if it wasn't there, or they couldn't find it.

08-20-11 08:35 AM
    Mines can't calibrate anymore, have no idea why.

08-24-11 05:40 PM
    Don't forget the amazing search feature on the 9900/9930.
    Just start typing c-o-m-p...
    You'll find it.
    08-24-11 06:35 PM
    There is a very simple way to avoid calibrating it. When opening the compass app, hold it like you would an actual compass- totally horizontal. If you have it tilted, it'll freak out and need to be calibrated. Is it a bug? Probably. But its very easy to avoid.

08-25-11 12:31 AM
    The horizontal thing might work if you were just using it as a compass, but if you are using the Wikitude AR browser, having it vertical is how you have to have it to use it. The compass bug makes that Wikitude AR kind of a pain to use.
    09-01-11 08:37 PM
    You can download free comass apps or get more elaborate paid apps on appworld.
    09-01-11 09:12 PM
    I don't have any problems calibrating it (sometimes takes longer than normal) but it just asks to me calibrate it all the time when I use wikitude (several times without leaving the app), to the point where I don't even really use wikitude because I don't want to be waving my blackberry around in public like a crazy person every time I use it.
    I ran into the same problem - its now in my useless crap file, my SUV has a compass built in so who needs the darn thing anyway.
    09-01-11 11:34 PM
    Application folder....
    09-01-11 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD