For the longest time, every entry I have entered, it shows up in the today preview area and in the calender app, it is highlighted blue. This signifies that it is under my calender (calender > options).

Today, all of a sudden all of my entries disappeared from my today preview area. I checked the calender app and the entries are all there. However it is now highlighted green (all past and future entries).
    So I go back into options and a new calender was created somehow (not by me). The calender is called "default device".

My question is:

1) How do I get rid of that default device calender since there is no delete calender option
    2) How do I get the disappeared entries to show up in the today preview area
    3) How can I swap the entry from the default device calender to my own calender

All my recurring events have also "swapped". Newly created entries are under my own calender and will show up in the today preview area.

Please help as I do not want to recreate / re-add all my entries. I did quickpull after I found out this happened and it didn't fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 12:19 PM
    You can go to options, advanced options, service books and delete any cical items you find. Today themes can only handle one calendar at a time.
    05-29-09 12:29 PM
    You can go to options, advanced options, service books and delete any cical items you find. Today themes can only handle one calendar at a time.
    Thank you very much! That did the trick. Now out of curiosity, why/how did it happen and what are cical items?

05-29-09 12:34 PM
    cical items are from your e-mail accounts you have linked to your blackberry and also from apps like facebook. If your carrier pushes service books frequently you'll be doing this a lot.
    05-29-09 01:24 PM
    To answer your question they're calendars associated with what I mentioned above.

05-29-09 01:29 PM
    Interesting. So why all of a sudden its doing it now. I've never had this happen before until now and I've had my phone for months now.

05-29-09 03:01 PM
    Did you recently add facebook? That'll do it
    05-29-09 03:03 PM
    hey thanks!
    This has been driving me crazy!!! But thanks to your help it is fixed!! Much thanks man
    05-29-09 05:20 PM
    Did you add an application? Upgrade the OS?

I noticed my problem started with an OS upgrade.

And you're welcome to all that have been helped.
    05-29-09 07:49 PM
    Nope I didn't add anything nor upgrade my OS either. So not sure what happened.

Here's another question.

I deleted the cical item and under the calender options, it just shows the default device calender while the one associated with my email is gone...

Any ideas? Appointments that has happened and is in the past is now not being automatically "deleted" from the today preview area. How do I get the calender associated with my email back?
    Last edited by sonarwave; 05-30-09 at 10:55 AM.
    05-30-09 10:51 AM
    you must have deleted the cical associated with your e-mail. Go to your carriers bb site and resend service books
    05-30-09 12:23 PM
    This happened when I upgraded to OS 5.0 and I can't seem to get it to switch back to my associated email...
    05-30-09 03:53 PM
    you must have deleted the cical associated with your e-mail. Go to your carriers bb site and resend service books
    I thought you said to delete cical items? The only cical item I had was the one associated with my email in that list under service books. Am I suppose to not delete that one?

05-30-09 06:26 PM
    I thought you said to delete cical items? The only cical item I had was the one associated with my email in that list under service books. Am I suppose to not delete that one?

If you only had one cical item and you deleted it which fixed your problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

Everything is working ok right?
    05-30-09 06:48 PM
    Yea everything is working. The only thing is that under calender > options, it only lists default device for calenders. My email used to be on that list but is not anymore. I was just curious as to why this "swap" happened and if it can be fixed. Guess I'm just a little nit picky

05-30-09 07:04 PM
    When you resend your service books your email associated calendars will show up on the list again.
    05-30-09 07:10 PM
    Yea I did that. The cical item related to my email came back and calender doesn't work again. Guess I'll have to do without it and stick with the default device calender

Just a FYI. My brother has the exact same phone and he has the CICAL and CMIME item in his advanced options > service books and it works fine!

all new entries are shown, all past entries are removed. all this from the today preview area. all our settings are the same too! WTF?!
    Last edited by sonarwave; 05-31-09 at 02:24 AM.
    05-31-09 02:02 AM
    a sure fire way to fix this to satisfy your nit pickings.

1) manually copy down all your entries
    2) ensure that the only default CICAL and CMIME is associated with the email you want
    3) enter a test entry ensuring that its using the service/email you want
    4) re-enter all your entries
    06-01-09 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD