Hi all,

I just upgraded to a new macbook and I'm now having some issues with syncing my calendar from my BB to iCal. I am able to sync from iCal to the BB without any issues, but the entries created on the device don't sync to iCal? I'm not using any google or exchange accounts, just simple iCal to BB sync through BB Desktop Manager.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
    10-19-13 06:49 AM
    Hi all,

I just upgraded to a new macbook and I'm now having some issues with syncing my calendar from my BB to iCal. I am able to sync from iCal to the BB without any issues, but the entries created on the device don't sync to iCal? I'm not using any google or exchange accounts, just simple iCal to BB sync through BB Desktop Manager.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
    In desktop manager contacts and calendar setup there is an option to "do not sync" or "two way", have you set that?

And I need to ask have you disabled wireless sync (for contacts and calendars) on your b berry email setups?
    Last edited by blackburberry; 10-19-13 at 05:58 PM.
    10-19-13 05:46 PM
    Hi blackburberry,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, wireless sync is disabled, and two way sync is enabled. I can't really think of anything else at this point... It worked great on my macbook pro, the only change is a different OS (10.8 vs. 10.6), but everything else is the same. The calendar and settings were just carried over from a time machine backup.

Any other ideas?
    10-19-13 06:23 PM

Any other ideas?
    Just one other thing. On the device Calendar/Options - ensure that the default calendar for new events is the one you are trying to sync.

Good luck.
    10-19-13 07:46 PM
    Just one other thing. On the device Calendar/Options - ensure that the default calendar for new events is the one you are trying to sync.

Good luck.
    Yup, this is the default. I have a second calendar created by for my gmail account but there are no entries in it. All my entries are in my BES account calendar ("Desktop"), wireless sync is disabled, and two-way sync is enabled. I've tried deleting and re-sending service books, I've tried re-installing desktop manager. No luck!
    10-20-13 07:31 AM
    When you create a contact on the blackberry, is it synced to your desktop as you would expect?
    10-20-13 07:44 AM
    When you create a contact on the blackberry, is it synced to your desktop as you would expect?
    I don't sync contacts, I only sync Calendar and Music.
    10-20-13 08:33 AM
    Ok. I know I cant help much without knowing if other items are not working. Can you update calendar entries and have them sync correctly? Create an item on desktop, sync it, edit the item on the BB and add ":testing" in the entry notes and does this sync back to the iCal?
    10-20-13 08:58 AM
    Ok. I know I cant help much without knowing if other items are not working. Can you update calendar entries and have them sync correctly? Create an item on desktop, sync it, edit the item on the BB and add ":testing" in the entry notes and does this sync back to the iCal?
    Good idea. I checked this, updating calendar entries works from iCal to BB, and adding notes to existing calendar entries works from BB to iCal!

Another thing I've noticed is that no matter how many times I sync my ~1400 song music collection, there are about ~620 songs that "re-sync" each time even though no changes have been made either on the mac or on the BB. I've tried completely erasing my media card and re-syncing the songs, and I keep getting the same issue each time I sync. Could this be a clue at all?
    10-20-13 11:04 AM
    Any other ideas? I feel like I've tried everything that I've read around the web at this point and still can't find a solution?
    10-21-13 08:57 PM