Hi There,

I changed my phone from the Tour to the Bold last week, and when I transfered my calendar information, it changed all my birthday info to 2 days (ex. a birthday on July 5 would show it on July 5 & 6), even though I have it set for all day event and it has no times set. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it without deleting all my events and having to reenter them?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-05-10 12:50 PM
    Hi There,

I changed my phone from the Tour to the Bold last week, and when I transfered my calendar information, it changed all my birthday info to 2 days (ex. a birthday on July 5 would show it on July 5 & 6), even though I have it set for all day event and it has no times set. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it without deleting all my events and having to reenter them?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've noticed this problem as well. Not sure what causes it and I've simply been deleting them as they come up because for some reason my birthday entries have been duplicated, keeping one in a single day format, and one that covers two days...

If anyone has a fix for this I would definitely be appreciative.
    07-05-10 01:46 PM
    Mine did the same. I noticed that all of my 'yearly' entries that were marked 'all day' were changed to read beginning on July 5h and ending on July 6th. Had to go to each entry and change to 1 day. No explanation as to why this occurs. Must be an OS compatibility issue. It has only done this to me when I went from .624 to .699.
    07-05-10 01:49 PM
    Mine switched from all day event to a 24 hour block (4am one day to 4am on another day) when I changed from Tour to Bold and then I had to go into each individual entry and change to all day event. But today, I updated the Bold from .699 to .724 (I think that's the latest one) and the calendar is screwed up again. Except this time, it still says the entries are all day events without a set start time or end time, and they still show up in 2 days.

I guess I'm going to have to sit and delete all of them and reenter them. Hope that fixes the problem for now.
    07-05-10 02:00 PM
    There must be some kind of issue with .699 and the calendar. I also noticed that my search won't hit on entries that are 'yearly' recurring. What disturbs me is that if I lost any entries, I'll never know - until it's too late of course.
    07-05-10 05:55 PM
    Mine switched from all day event to a 24 hour block (4am one day to 4am on another day) when I changed from Tour to Bold and then I had to go into each individual entry and change to all day event. But today, I updated the Bold from .699 to .724 (I think that's the latest one) and the calendar is screwed up again. Except this time, it still says the entries are all day events without a set start time or end time, and they still show up in 2 days.

I guess I'm going to have to sit and delete all of them and reenter them. Hope that fixes the problem for now.
    I had the same problem with all birdays on my calendar becoming a 1 day event but begining at some time other than midnight as all day events are supposed to do. To fix, I went into each calendar entery and clicked on the re-occurrance button, on that screen I simply changed the time to midnight and that fixed it. Hope that works for you, easier than re-entering all of your events.
    07-05-10 05:59 PM
    The problem isn't the time it is set to start because it isn't set to any time. It's set as an all day event... the times disappear and it only shows the date of the event. Both the start and end date are the same. But if you look at the actual calendar, it shows the birthdays and anniversaries on both the actual date and the date after. And it's becoming a pain the you know where to keep deleting them and then reentering them.
    07-05-10 07:26 PM
    The problem isn't the time it is set to start because it isn't set to any time. It's set as an all day event... the times disappear and it only shows the date of the event. Both the start and end date are the same. But if you look at the actual calendar, it shows the birthdays and anniversaries on both the actual date and the date after. And it's becoming a pain the you know where to keep deleting them and then reentering them.
    Perhaps mine was easier because I did the fix in Outlook, sounds as if you are doing everything on you device.
    07-05-10 08:01 PM
    Silly question: Have you explored the settings that your have for the start and end of your day?
    07-05-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD