Here is the sinerio.
    You go to the Doctor or other appointment. After your visit they want to schedule another appointment. How do you COPY and paste the new appointment to the new date WITHOUT loosing the current one on your calendar so you can maintain a History of appointments.

When I click on the options I do not see a copy. It seems like the only "option" if you want to call it that, is to change the date (and time) to the new one. That's OK but you loose any history of appointments you could need some time in the future.

With my old PDA I was able to Highlight the current Event, go to a monthly view of the calendar, find an open date while talking to the appointment secretary and when we agreed on a new date and time PASTE the appointment into the new time slot.

Any one know how I can do this on the BOLD Calendar.?
    05-01-09 01:39 AM
    That is a good question? I have never really had a need for that feature but I see how that could be a very needed function.

Gotta keep an eye on this thread 'cause I am curious to see what kind of workaround the gurus provide for you.

David
    05-01-09 06:16 AM
    Go to the appointment and once on the subject, hit menu>select>roll the curser over the subject line>menu>copy. Then you can create a new appt. and paste that into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 06:42 AM
    Thanks.!

Yup that works... a little more complicated than I would have hoped but it will fit the requirement. it will just take a little practice to get the routine memorized so I don't look foolish standing at the reception desk trying to fumble my way through it.

Can probably speed it up a little by doing the initial COPY before going to the desk, (called Plan ahead) and then when we are into the appointment stage all you have to do is bring up the calendar and go to the date in question and PASTE the entry.

Maybe someone in the future will put that "Copy and Paste" option the calendar page itself rather than having to go down two levels to get to it.
    05-01-09 10:49 AM
    Two other thoughts:

1. Instead of going through the Menu, you can highlight the text and press Alt-Trackball to copy, then Shift-Trackball to paste it.

2. If you sync with Outlook or other program, copy your appts in that program before syncing. (I know...sounds dumb, but had to throw that out because that's how I do it.)
    05-01-09 12:30 PM
    Even better - you can copy *ALL* of the details if you SMS the appointment to yourself.

(Don't know if it works on a bold, but it works like a charm on my 8900)

In "Day View", select the appt; blackberry key; scroll down to "Send as MMS"; Enter the recipient details and send.

I used an e-mail address. I didn't even have to wait to recieve the e-mail, I just
    * went to the sent version of it
    * opened it up
    * blackberry button
    * View appointment
    * Blackberry button
    * Add to Calendar

Easy and complete. Even copied recurring appointments.
    06-02-09 05:30 PM
    Even better - you can copy *ALL* of the details if you SMS the appointment to yourself.

(Don't know if it works on a bold, but it works like a charm on my 8900)

In "Day View", select the appt; blackberry key; scroll down to "Send as MMS"; Enter the recipient details and send.

I used an e-mail address. I didn't even have to wait to recieve the e-mail, I just
    * went to the sent version of it
    * opened it up
    * blackberry button
    * View appointment
    * Blackberry button
    * Add to Calendar

Easy and complete. Even copied recurring appointments.
    Great except for those who don't have unlimited SMS we have to pay a text fee. Why is there not a menu item to send by email?
    06-02-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD