Does anyone know how often and for what reasons I should clear history, cache, pushed, pull the battery etc? My cells not running slow just wanted to know. 9650 coming from 8330 its like night and day, haven't had any negative issues with it yet. Thanks in advance. PEACE Crackberry users!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 09:23 AM
    The advise to "pull the battery" has taken on a life of it's own.

Forcing a restart clears all the temporary caches and returns the maximum available memory at the cost of dumping the caches, which are there to improve the overall performance.

Many of us belive, a battery pull should only be used when you are experiencing problems that closing running applications does not correct. The same applies to purging caches.

Sun Micro Java Virtual Machine is the OS that makes BlackBerry work. A part of the native ability is memory management. There is an automatic process that is responsible for recovering unused memory.

The only time it ever becomes an issue is when the free memory drops below the amount that has been reserved for Media Player use. That is an option you select at: Media Player / Options. Since v4.5xx, the minimum setting is 5 Mb.
    06-01-10 09:49 AM
    I clear mine every night. Maybe I'm just a little anal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD