I am thinking of buying the bold 9700 WITHOUT BIS because i like the keyboard,
    If you think there is a mobile that has similar keyboard, please tell me
    And tell me your opinion about buying it without BIS.
    01-30-10 12:02 PM
    If ur going to be where there is a lot of wifi then maybe but a bb without bis is pretty useless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 12:34 PM
    I agree with frosty without bis you lose a ton of features
    01-30-10 12:35 PM
    yes i will be in campus where is wifi all the time
    but can you tell me what are the features which i cant use without bis
    01-30-10 12:42 PM
    You should man up and get the Bold with BIS. And that way you can fully enjoy it all.
    01-30-10 12:43 PM
    you didnt answer my question
    and i will be considering BIS but for now i want to know what features can not be used over wifi
    01-30-10 12:46 PM
    I'm not sure if it will still work with wifi unless you have bis...Could be wrong

01-30-10 12:54 PM
    If you have the money to buy this device, then not having makes this a bad investment.
    01-30-10 12:57 PM
    You won't be able to use most of the apps
    No push email
    No fb
    No BBM
    Only browse the net when in a hotspot.

I wouldn't get a berry with no BIS. IMO what makes a berry a berry are all or all most all the things that you could do with it.... And not having BIS you can't do most of those.

Since your in wifi most of the time I say get the smallest BIS package they have. Since you'll be in hotspot you won't need that much data.

Just my opinion

01-30-10 01:01 PM
    So pretty much in a nutshell as you've seen here, using a BB withouth its BIS
    severely limits the capablities of the phone.
    01-30-10 01:03 PM
    I dont think anyone has answered your question but I think there are certainb programs which will not work. I had a blackberry Bold 9000 without BIS for a while and it was problematic trying to install and register programs.

Some of the programs which didn't work for me without BIS - Google maps, MSn Messenger, Push email. Thats all I remember but the majority of programs and functions on a Blackberry which make it what it is were not functional.

I now have a Bold 9700 with BIS plan and it is bloody excellent.

Hope that helps!
    01-30-10 01:04 PM
    The 9700 is a fine device with or without BIS but there are other fine devices that lack BIS. A major part of any BB is all the benefits of BIS. Just IMHO not a great investment without the whole package.

01-30-10 01:05 PM
    Personally a Blackberry without BIS is a waste of money, and an investment you shouldn't make. Just my personal opinion.

01-30-10 01:07 PM
    It really is a matter of opinion. Most people on this site will say that buying a BlackBerry without BIS is worthless, but if you like the phone why should it matter? It isn't like the world will end if you choose to use the device for just phone calls and texting.

There are several apps that work over WiFi and if you are going to be in an area with WiFi access a lot then that is a major advantage. You won't be able to use features like BBM or push email, but you will still be able to browse the web using WiFi.

Here is a thread with a list of apps that do and do not work over WiFi. http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/bla...se-wifi-29376/

01-30-10 02:01 PM
    Thanks for your help.
    I started to like this place. Many ppl try to help
    however one last thing if I have to compare between the bold 9700(without bis) and the nokia e72 which one will win. And is there any mobile that has keyboard similar to the bb?
    Thanks

01-30-10 03:17 PM
    Well you are on a blackberry site and not to mention in the 9700 section of the forum so pretty much most answers will be biased. There are other kinds of phones that have the full keyboard but will they be as good as the bold is the question. I would go to your local carrier store and play around with a few of the phones that catch your eye and see which one you like better.
    01-30-10 03:20 PM
    Yes you are right some opinions will be biased but others will be true so can u tell me ur answer about the last question

01-30-10 03:34 PM
    What kind of usage you are planing on your mobile? What kind of functions you want from your mobile? Its is totally up to that...

Thanks for your help.
    I started to like this place. Many ppl try to help
    however one last thing if I have to compare between the bold 9700(without bis) and the nokia e72 which one will win. And is there any mobile that has keyboard similar to the bb?
    Thanks

01-30-10 03:42 PM
    Personally I can't see getting any smart-phone without a data plan. JMO
    01-30-10 03:43 PM
    definitely not. I tried for couple of weeks but it is **** without BIS
    01-30-10 03:46 PM
    K can u recommend mobile which has qwerty keyboard because all I need in a mobile is a good keyboard and good battery life. Wifi is optional.

01-30-10 03:56 PM
    Get an ipod touch.

Lots of goodies without BIS including email, txting, and apps.

01-30-10 03:57 PM
    I am posting this reply from one. I need a phone with good keyboard for messaging and I will always have my itouch what do u recommend. And in my case will having bb without bis good idea as I will have my iPod touch. Or do u have better one
    thanks

01-30-10 04:09 PM
    I'm currently using the 9700 without BIS. using it with Tzones everything works except native broweser and app word and direct push email, those work when your on wi-fi...But every app i have shazam,pandora, bloomberg, Amaze for GPS, Urban spoon abd Poynt all work without BIS. So yes its worth it i'm saving so much money, by paying 5.99 compared to 29.99....
    Last edited by CrackleberryBoy; 01-30-10 at 06:32 PM.
    01-30-10 06:28 PM
    I used my first BlackBerry without BIS for almost a year and got by just fine. I didn't even know what BIS was until I joined this site.

If you are considering another phone along with the 9700, go to your carrier's store and check out both of them. What is good for one person may not be good for someone else. There are many phones out there with full QWERTY keyboards these days. You'll find ones with landscape, portrait, slide out, and flip open keyboards. It all depends on what you like that can determine which phone you get.
    Also, remember that most carriers have a grace period for you to return the phone if you are not satisfied with it. T-Mobile gives you a 14 day remorse period to try out the phone & their network. That will vary depending on what carrier you are using though.

01-30-10 08:35 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD