Dude, the verizon 9930 is a world phone meaning that if it is unlocked you can use its GSM bands by poping in a sim card. The following GSM bands are supported:

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
    UMTS: 900, 2100

Most european countries use the 2100 band for the 3G GSM service so like i said, i dont think you'll have to worry about getting 2G only or EDGE.
    But you don't get hsdpa/3.5G
    08-17-11 06:11 PM
    Carries need some time for branding and locking phones. because of this, first devices available are most often unlocked and have no branding (software)! If you buy an unlocked 9900 without software branding (startscreen doesnt show at&t, rogers, etc.) you are save and can use it on any gsm carrier.

To make it more clear:

Unlocked and unbranded 9900 works on every GSM provider (all european carriers are gsm)
    Unlocked and branded 9900 will work in most cases, but you may not be able to use all bands
    Locked and branded 9900 will work for only one carrier
    9930 will also work, but only on lower bands with smaller bandwith!

Blackberries are easy to unlock, but hard to unbrand!

GSM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    What is branded and unbranded?
    08-17-11 06:29 PM
    What is branded and unbranded?
    Hardware branding: carrier logo on the device - effects just the look
    Software branding: beside the os, the carrier installs software, that may enable or DISABLE some features! In best case, just just a carrier specific welcome screen or background!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 06:45 PM
    Hardware branding: carrier logo on the device - effects just the look
    Software branding: beside the os, the carrier installs software, that may enable or DISABLE some features! In best case, just just a carrier specific welcome screen or background!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nothingimportant i can always install different os's and the writing doesnt really matter.
    08-17-11 06:46 PM
    Nothingimportant i can always install different os's and the writing doesnt really matter.
    Branding is beside OS! You can't get rid of the software branding with installing a new OS!
    08-17-11 06:56 PM
    Branding is beside OS! You can't get rid of the software branding with installing a new OS!
    Hmmm :/ i hope what im getting is rogers lol
    08-17-11 07:00 PM
    I'm far more concerned with how warranty repairs would be handled.
    08-17-11 09:09 PM
    emir i'm from the same country (selam kardes)

i did the same research and when u buy verizon version (9930) u can get it unlocked by calling customer services and use it on GSM networks ..

9930 has GSM network specifications
    08-17-11 09:43 PM
    Hi,
    I have been looking at ebay. the 9900 is going for around 750 now.
    Note: I have been buying from ebay and amazon for years and have never had a problem (knock on wood).
    Q: I'm working in Saudi right now. If I get someone to buy one from Rogers and send it to me, does it come unlocked? Can I buy it unlocked?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
    08-18-11 02:15 AM
    But with the 9930 unlocked wont you just get just EDGE speeds not even 3G/H+?
    No, you can get 3G - 2100 Band
    But no 3.5G/HSDPA (some call it 4G)
    08-18-11 03:37 AM
    I want the phone with all of its features thats why im going with 9900. If the bands are right and i am guessin they are, i could use 2g 3g and 3.5g which is not all aroynd the country but i am abke to get it in some areas. Anyways i ordered mine snd it should be arriving tomorrow or monday
    08-18-11 07:04 AM
    i am getting my 9900 tomorrow and i dont even know what band that it falls on. how can i know the band that my own fall on before i pay for it? i really need to know because i dont wanna waste my cash.
    08-19-11 11:28 AM
    if you buy a blackberry device online make sure it's not a stolen device.
    08-19-11 03:19 PM
    if you buy a blackberry device online make sure it's not a stolen device.
    How to check that?
    08-19-11 04:19 PM
    Hi,
    I have been looking at ebay. the 9900 is going for around 750 now.
    Note: I have been buying from ebay and amazon for years and have never had a problem (knock on wood).
    Q: I'm working in Saudi right now. If I get someone to buy one from Rogers and send it to me, does it come unlocked? Can I buy it unlocked?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Hi Longtail:
    If you buy it locked, you can always unlock it... That's what i did with my 9810 from AT&T. I am also in saudi...
    09-03-11 06:35 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD