I have a brother who lives in the US & was wodering if the 9000 is going to be sold without a contract ? If so would it be possible for me to use it with a Vodafone sim ?

Thanks
    Steve
    05-15-08 12:21 PM
    I personally think that its a little too early to know for sure, but since the Bold is going to be on AT&T you choild be able to buy the phone outright without a plan and If you get it unlocked you'd be fine to use it on Vodaphone as long as vodaphone is a GSM network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 01:40 PM
    It all depends on how hard it is to get it unlocked. Thats the only thing we need to know. I am waiting for the same as you steve.
    05-16-08 04:37 PM
    Theres a lot of info we are waiting for but unlocking is probably going to be the major issue.
    05-16-08 04:40 PM
    Theres a lot of info we are waiting for but unlocking is probably going to be the major issue.
    Honestly, I don't think so the unlocking is possibly the major issue. Can you tell me some people using the unlocked 3G AT&T (750) treo and Tilt on tmobile via WIFI, DATA, EDGE, PHONE running very well , unfortunately they can't have "3G".
    05-16-08 09:31 PM
    I dot think unlocking would be a major issue...The unlocking services for 9000 would be up on various sites within maybe a month of their release...And an unlocked At&T phone would work fine on Vodafone...I have one which does...
    05-17-08 10:22 AM
    I guess this is solve already since Sandipan had answered the creator's question and relieved his concerns.
    05-17-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD