I've read a couple threads on this, and so far my gf's bold still has this problem. It will stay on a couple of mins at a time. We have pulled the battery, and I've upgraded to the latest OS. We are still having issues. Any ideas on how we can get it to not do this???
    10-05-09 09:58 PM
    She just removed the battery. And now she lost all her stuff! Facebook, e-mail, pictures, gone!!! What is going on?
    10-05-09 10:00 PM
    Sounds like a corrupted os. Hope she back up the device regularly. You can fix it by reloading the os. You have to wipe the device and reload the current os or upgrade to the latest official os.

Make sure the bold has enough charge. Wiping the device will erase everything from the device.

- Download & install the preferred os on the pc (Remove all other os's, if any)
    - Delete "vendor.xml" file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)
    - Connect bold to pc
    - Use CrackMem or BBSAK to wipe the device. This will initiate the os loading process.
    **(If not, run "loader.exe", which can be found at the same location as the vendor.xml).
    - Restore the data from previous back up.

CrackMem : https://hookedontronyx.com/Tools-Utilities.html
    BBSAK : BBSAK: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife – Free GUI Alternative to JL_Cmder | BerryReview.com �

How to reload os on a nuked berry
    Last edited by ST79; 10-06-09 at 03:23 AM.
    10-06-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD