So here is a sad and funny story to tell you kids, about my Bold's short lived life.

Bought it in April, worked great all the way up until this morning when I found my phone in my room without a battery. Wtf!? Yeah, I know. It gets weird and sad. So my loved one, had it last night browsing the interwebs , and must have awaken herself up at some odd hour of the morning and decided to take the batter out!

In anycase, The batter was lost, and was found under our bed after a 2 our frantic search. Popped the battery in, and it wouldnt turn on. Nay! No red light! At this point I was pissed. Phone wouldn't boot, no red light, dead is officially dead. I though, lets leave it on the charger for a bit. It was left to charge for at least an hour before I left to go to work. Didn't work. Ok, so I went about my day, went to the store, and they said it was officially bricked. So I was like,, ok, went on CrackBerry, looked through the "Resurecting a Dead BlackBerry" threads, and found nothing, as no solution did work.

So, since nothing worked, I had a dead berry, I took my sheet to replace it as it was still under waranty, and drove an hour from my house, and got a new one.

On my way out, the employee says to the other guy "Hey, check it out, this one has a black trackball, and red keys..." and that was that. They never bothered to come get me and say that because of the mods, my Bold was out of warranty. Haha, pretty sweet deal.

They had my old dead Bold with my mods, and I had a new Bold with 4.6.0.167. Ill buy the mods later.

So-so happy ending.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-09-09 at 11:08 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-09-09 04:19 PM
    dang, sounds like you lucked out!
    07-09-09 04:52 PM
    Haha what a great ending! My luck is neveeer that great.
    07-09-09 04:58 PM
    Don't worry, they'll probably strip it down to stock before they send it in...
    07-09-09 05:00 PM
    Too bad about losing the extras...but lucked out in the end!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 05:15 PM
    Sorry that happened. Good luck with the new Bold.

I would have took the mods off first though.
    07-09-09 05:26 PM
    So far its running pretty smooth. I'm typing on my replacement Bold as we speak. Its only missing my screen protector, Rogers Keypad and the G1 trackball. Ill get them later.

07-09-09 05:34 PM
    Wow fortunately for you they accepted it, since you voided the warranty with the mods.
    07-09-09 05:36 PM
    Way to stick it to "the man"!!

07-09-09 06:31 PM
    I didn't realize that they had walk in replacement centers. Good to know.
    Welcome back!
    07-09-09 06:55 PM
    lol, it was straight G. They didn't even bother to look at the missing white sticker thing, and I laughed, walked out, and just drove back to work. lol. Super hook up, but also, super loss on my mods oh well.

For those living in Montgomery Co, the AT&T service center for replacements is located at 811 Russell Ave Gaithersburg, MD.
    07-09-09 07:20 PM
    Well, it's a happy story in the end, yet...

...I'm still just stuck on wtf happened to it? That's kind of weird, is it not? Your loved one didn't do anything strange to it that night? And why did they take the battery out?
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-09-09 at 11:06 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-09-09 07:28 PM
    It would be funny if the device was resurrected and on it were pictures of what happened to it... like at the end of The Hangover...
    07-09-09 07:31 PM
    That's some thread at ? forums om how to ressucitate a dead ?
    I'll give my up only on last case even that with a cry

07-09-09 07:35 PM
    Well, it's a happy story in the end, yet...

...I'm still just stuck on wtf happened to it? That's kind of weird, is it not? Your loved one didn't do anything strange to it that night? And why did they take the battery out?
    Well, I left that part out, but the phone's micro usb port was left plugged in while the battery was taken out, and the phone was left that way. I think, the circuits probably got fried.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-09-09 at 11:06 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-09-09 07:36 PM
    Well, I left that part out, but the phone's micro usb port was left plugged in while the battery was taken out, and the phone was left that way. I think, the circuits probably got fried.
    Ooo, ouch. See, it's good you shared, because now I know not to do that! :P lol
    07-09-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD