Telus Mobility user here, my bugs:

OS 5.0.0.422 has the following bugs that RIM hasn't resolved or fixed yet:

-Menu key when pressed once shows task switcher (happens occasionally, sometimes more often)
    -Keyboard acts like it got unplugged, plugged back in while your using it (happens more than occasional, this is now the swap unit with the same buggy latest OS 5).
    -Keys sometimes invoke the menu key when your typing.
    -Device freezes up randomly sometimes, recovering after 10-15 seconds.
    -Device screen saver goes off during video capture, interrupting and forcing you to start over..
    -Video app randomly stops recording and brings you to the point of starting over again.
    -Wi-Fi Disconnects, reconnects every 5 minutes. Same symptoms as the original unit I had.

Now tell me if you haven't had or encountered one or more of these bugs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 05-21-10 at 05:18 AM.
    05-21-10 04:28 AM
    Never had/seen/heard of any of those 'so called bugs'

Update your OS to the latest version, as RIM have probably already fixed them...

...then complain to Telus for not supporting it
    05-21-10 04:45 AM
    maybe you should stop using .422. that's so 4 months ago.
    05-21-10 05:12 AM
    Last I plugged it in and launched BDM, no updates were available.

I'll check this monday if any are existing as I do it once every 2 weeks.

05-21-10 05:15 AM
    Last I plugged it in and launched BDM, no updates were available.

I'll check this monday if any are existing as I do it once every 2 weeks.
    Don't bother waiting for Telus... just install the one from the sticky at the top of the page
    05-21-10 05:17 AM
    I'll go right ahead once I'm free to do so.

05-21-10 05:19 AM
    RIM only fault is selling a device to someone who does not know what he is doing!

Your errors are likley SELF INDUCED!
    05-21-10 05:35 AM
    RIM only fault is selling a device to someone who does not know what he is doing!

Your errors are likley SELF INDUCED!
    It's NEVER RIM's fault! Their phones are perfect in every way!
    05-21-10 05:37 AM
    If people would STOP installing every OS that heads our way and just use the phone until something useful comes along it would make for less threads like this. It would also be nice if people who installed some of this cr^p would not say that they are now getting 5 days before having to charge their device. There are people here that are stupid enough to believe this!
    05-21-10 05:50 AM
    They need to fix the Browser click issues on the tour .Eeeesh takes like 5 clicks to do one one thing or even zoom on a page .
    05-21-10 05:53 AM
    I won't installl leaked OS's either. I use this bb as anybody else would. The outlined bugs are annoying. I remember with 5.0.0.333 when turning on wi-fi, the device would reboot. It got fixed. Once telus releases the newest, I'm upgrading via BDM. Bugs were meant to be fixed. Wish RIM would listen to it's community like windmobile and publicmobile do.

Maybe if I submitted a bug report via RIM's official website (linking a video of the bugs in action), only then will they be fixed before the next release for Telus.

05-21-10 06:00 AM
    I won't installl leaked OS's either. I use this bb as anybody else would. The outlined bugs are annoying. I remember with 5.0.0.344 when turning on wi-fi, the device would reboot. It got fixed. Once telus releases the newest, I'm upgrading via BDM. Bugs were meant to be fixed. Wish RIM would listen to it's community like windmobile and publicmobile do.

Maybe if I submitted a bug report via RIM's official website (linking a video of the bugs in action), only then will they be fixed before the next release for Telus.
    Your 'bugs' have already been fixed by RIM

If you're going to complain, then direct it toward Telus who have failed to offer you the latest OS.
    05-21-10 06:06 AM
    I'll be sure to do so.

I bet other providers keep theirs updated more often. Shame on telus.

05-21-10 06:09 AM
    I don't think I've had any of the problems listed in the first post. Maybe a slight hourglass-like freeze from me doing a million things at once, but nothing serious. I'm on pwncakes hybrid 4.8 (I believe) and things are running super smoothly.

05-21-10 06:27 AM
    Dude... get a grip... you have an OLD OS... if you don't want to upgrade to the latest Official OS at the top of the forum, then stop complaining to us and start complaining to YOUR Provider... they are the ones with an old OS and if you want to wait for them, then wait.

This is a terrible rant session... if you even call it a rant... most of those so called bugs look like Operator Error to me.
    05-21-10 06:46 AM
    1. Resolver Camera software, images taken are of bad quality (need new image processing algorithm)
    2. Menu keys some times shows app switcher (random)
    3. Include VOIP tool instead of Carrier attached UMA
    4. Native support to .zip compression and un-compression
    5. Remove 5 MB limit in browser.
    6. Force to exit facility (in application switcher)
    7. Native support to save email as .txt or .doc or .html
    8. Native printing via Bluetooth

Most of people might not take it as a bug....
    But for me yes it is, cause my cheap Nokia N86 (which is not a messaging device, does it all of above) and I want to do this on my BB9700

05-21-10 11:19 AM
    -If you're getting the app switcher, change your key rate to a bit slower. Fixed mine.

-Wi-fi dropping was always my router's fault, not the phone's, and a bit more digging around here will probably fix the rest of 'RIM's issues' for you.

Have fun getting to know/understand your berry!
    05-21-10 12:06 PM
    Besides my bugs, anybody else found bugs in the latest official OS build?

Just need to know as to be aware in advance as to find a way to work around them. I crushed one before,

Oh and the wifi issue, it's not my router, but on every single hotspot across the city :x

05-21-10 04:52 PM
    Besides my bugs, anybody else found bugs in the latest official OS build?

Just need to know as to be aware in advance as to find a way to work around them. I crushed one before,

Oh and the wifi issue, it's not my router, but on every single hotspot across the city :x

Just in case you can't find it... here are two links to the latest Official OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/of...turkey-467084/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...nguage-469150/

Read them for yourself... just remember not all issues are issues for everybody, just like your post at the top of this thread... personally, I've not had 1 issue with the OS.
    05-21-10 05:19 PM
    Just upgraded, only problem left to fix is:

That stupid java exception error which prevents me from using IRC.

05-21-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD