Has anybody done that yet? As in using the rough green part of your kitchen sponge and "scratch" it along our OEM silver bezel? I've done that to several other parts in my car and it looks badass... but i'd imagine it'd look good on the bold as well!
    06-08-09 10:14 PM
    Has anybody done that yet? As in using the rough green part of your kitchen sponge and "scratch" it along our OEM silver bezel? I've done that to several other parts in my car and it looks badass... but i'd imagine it'd look good on the bold as well!
    i havent't heard of it yet i imagine it would look nice but to scared to do it on my storm lol
    06-08-09 10:42 PM
    lol. i don't understand the meaning of making your Bold look beat up. I like it clean.
    06-08-09 10:43 PM
    lol. i don't understand the meaning of making your Bold look beat up. I like it clean.
    if you consider the interior trims of a bmw beaten up, then i dont know... we'll see, i might do it since mine has dings on two corners.... i'm ordering a black one anyway...
    06-09-09 12:17 AM
    If you do it you're just gonna scratch off the silverish paint and leave black plastic. Its not metal, and as such, won't give that brushed aluminum look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 01:14 AM
    I would be way too scared to attempt it on my storm until I saw the outcome of it first.

But I gotta hamd it to ya, that would be pretty awesome!

If u decide to do it, post them pics up please!
    06-09-09 01:39 AM
    If you do it you're just gonna scratch off the silverish paint and leave black plastic. Its not metal, and as such, won't give that brushed aluminum look.

beat me to it. yup i dropped mine a few weeks ago and all i have now are some deep black gouges where the paint scraped off. its not metal just like he said above.
    06-09-09 02:29 AM
    Would look damn impressive. But gotta be good at what your doing to pull it off. I wouldnt have a chance.
    06-09-09 02:32 AM
    Would look damn impressive. But gotta be good at what your doing to pull it off. I wouldnt have a chance.
    as stated, its just chrome painted plastic. he would end up scratching the paint off and thats about it.
    06-09-09 02:38 AM
    Went one better,i did use a green part of a kitchen sponge and then some sand paper and cutting polish,and after about an hour i went through the chrome and hit the plastic.I now have a shiny black bezel and saved myself 30.Of course i removed the bezel and all the side buttons first,it was pretty simple.
    Might use one of my spare trackballs and black it out completely but i kinda like the lite trackball
    Last edited by charlie100; 06-09-09 at 06:49 AM.
    06-09-09 06:47 AM
    i blacked my trackball out with a sharpie as posted in another thread. simple and awesome.
    06-09-09 07:02 AM
    yea man, agreed with above posters, its just paint, the bezel is black plastic, the kitchen sponge would be too harsh. you cant get a brushed aluminum look regardless. now if you want a flatter silver with more texture, you can sand it with high high grain sandpaper, but getting the eveness is just way too hard.
    06-09-09 01:28 PM
    Taking the abrasive side of a sponge to your chrome trim is BEYOND absurd.

06-09-09 01:49 PM
    Yep, I think it would just leave you unhappy and not the way you were thinking I don't see how it would work on the plastic.
    06-09-09 03:49 PM
    Its like Abecrombe or American Eagle. Why buy brand new looking jeans when you can buy torn and beat up/faded for double the price!
    06-09-09 03:51 PM
    I mean I do understand it, but I just don't see how it would work...

06-09-09 04:47 PM
    beaten up blackberry battery hatch/ on sale. was 99.99, now only 59.99! get the rugged look you crave!

they'll start selling them at hot topic.
    06-09-09 05:01 PM

ditto..
    the bold is Plastic.. not metal would look like crapola
    06-09-09 05:24 PM
    Has anybody done that yet? As in using the rough green part of your kitchen sponge and "scratch" it along our OEM silver bezel? I
    the Bold bezel is black plastic with a silver paint.
    If you abrade the silver color you will get, guess what? "BLACK"! (not brushed sliver)
    06-09-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD