I used to think its the network but my card flies, and so did the droid
    I used to think its the processor, bu other apps are fine and this phone is new
    Apps like flixter which I am sure need plenty of data are speedy
    Is.the browser really this crappy? 10 seconds for a 10k page? Common!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 08:08 PM

BB's have never been known for speedy browsers. I don't think anybody buys one for the breakneck browsing speeds. If your looking for a fast browser you can wait for BB's new OS6 coming maybe Q3 and try the webkit, seems everybody is looking forward to it, or if ya don't wanna wait get a dinc.
    06-15-10 10:14 PM
    There is a browser that is 'not fast', but this one is more like 'ridiculously slow'.
    I never had the BB for the speedy browser either, but after using the Droid's browser for a bit, I can now see why some people may enjoy browsing on the phone(s), and on the BB it more like 'only in a real emergency'
    Devices are supposed to increase our productivity, and while BB is excellent at pretty much everything else that it does as a productivity tool, the browser (or whatever it is that's crap) is slowing us down.
    06-16-10 12:01 AM

The droid also has twice the processor of a blackberry. No way a berry is going to compete, OS6 or not.
    06-16-10 01:04 AM
    not to mention a screen twice the size... os6 cant fix that either
    06-16-10 05:05 AM
    A faster, better browser would make this bb almost perfect. As for screen size, 2.4" seems to be the rut they're stuck in. What cracks me up is the ads that say "with a large 2.4" screen, lol.
    06-16-10 07:32 AM
    bolt browser works pretty good on my phone. i got the bb for the email and phone. i have a laptop up most of the time at work and at home. i'd much rather have a phone that works all day without a recharge and delivers my email flawlessly than have a toy my 5 yo can play on the internet with for 3 or 4 hours on a recharge. bb's are great for business use but if you want a toy to surf the net they are far from the best choice. i'd much rather surf the net with my 17" screen on my laptop than anybody's phone.
    06-16-10 07:40 AM
    I don't think I argued here that BB should have great browser experience.
    Frankly even with 'large' screen of Droid browsing experience wasn't awesome, but I did notice much better, waaay beyond 'twice processing speed' load times.
    All I am saying, BB should have better than (below) mediocre browsing experience for those times when you need it.
    As I said, loading a 10k page for 10seconds is the sort of speed I may have expected about 10 years ago when phones just started to browse, but not in 2010.

I'll try Bolt.. tried Opera (which worked fine on 8830), but it sucked (cursor was too jumpy, like the app was too sluggish)
    Last edited by NetComrade; 06-16-10 at 08:43 AM.
    06-16-10 08:32 AM
    I don't think I argued here that BB should have great browser experience.
    Frankly even with 'large' screen of Droid browsing experience wasn't awesome, but I did notice much better, waaay beyond 'twice processing speed' load times.
    All I am saying, BB should have better than (below) mediocre browsing experience for those times when you need it.
    As I said, loading a 10k page for 10seconds is the sort of speed I may have expected about 10 years ago when phones just started to browse, but not in 2010.

I'll try Bolt.. tried Opera (which worked fine on 8830), but it sucked (cursor was too jumpy, like the app was too sluggish)
    Yeah I was disappointed that opera did not work as it should. Bolt is ok tho. I'm wondering just how much better this "webkit" browsing experience will be since the 600+mb whatever browser speed will be unchanged.
    I think rim knows their browser is crappy and are trying to do better. Interestingly tho I notice how sometimes with full bars my browser is laggy and then another time same full bars it's pretty quick.
    06-16-10 09:20 AM
    bolt browser works pretty good on my phone. i got the bb for the email and phone. i have a laptop up most of the time at work and at home. i'd much rather have a phone that works all day without a recharge and delivers my email flawlessly than have a toy my 5 yo can play on the internet with for 3 or 4 hours on a recharge. bb's are great for business use but if you want a toy to surf the net they are far from the best choice. i'd much rather surf the net with my 17" screen on my laptop than anybody's phone.
    Blah, blah, blah...toy, blah, blah...
    06-16-10 09:29 AM
    Yeah, if you don't have the bold 9650, you may be a professional, but not a serious one.
    06-16-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD