Within my browser when typing in the white box field it always defaults to a web address and not a web search. So what ever i type in the browser its thinks i am typing a web address. eg if i type fast cars it will attempt to connect to https://fastcars.com instead of doing a google search. Am i missing something?
    07-13-11 04:17 AM
    It's a brand new phone and started from day 1 with no history?
    07-13-11 07:25 AM
    From inside the browser, if you press the Menu button then Options, do you have a Default Search setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 07:31 AM
    Hi Phil, i am missing that default option all together, any ideas?
    07-13-11 06:00 PM
    I think this is a service book issue Sam. It looks like your carrier's OS6 service books aren't up to date.

The service book in question is the BlackBerry Internet Browser 2, which controls the default search options.

Try reregistering your device, and resending your service books to see if that helps:-

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > (Menu) Register Now
    Setup > Email Accounts > (Menu) Service Books > Send Service Books

Let us know if this works.

07-13-11 06:44 PM
    I think this is a service book issue Sam. It looks like your carrier's OS6 service books aren't up to date.

The service book in question is the BlackBerry Internet Browser 2, which controls the default search options.

Try reregistering your device, and resending your service books to see if that helps:-

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > (Menu) Register Now
    Setup > Email Accounts > (Menu) Service Books > Send Service Books

Let us know if this works.

07-14-11 09:47 PM
    Thanks Phil that worked!

07-14-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD