So yesterday I headed over the verizon wireless store to check out the new 9930 (and no I won't get into one of those 'rants', in fact I absolutely loved it. The screen was magnificent and even through I had read my specs and reviews both the massive screen and keyboard were very very nice. I want it. Come on at&trash !! ..anyways..).

So I was cruising around the slick 9930 and then had a moment of inspiration.. "hey I remember they fine tuned the browser, so apparently when you surf the interwebs its not like having your wisdom teeth removed." So after I cruised around to a few sites (soccernet and CB) on the browser, I thought itd be good to compare it vs my 9700 which was hiding miserably in my pocket. So I tried to open browser on my 9700 and WAM! It would not open. I think it was scared. Either way after a few reboots, it still will not open. I click on it and it does nothing..

Any ideas? Or is this just a sign I need to convert to an unlocked bell 9900 for att? Haha
    08-26-11 08:29 AM
    My wife's 8520's browser was having this same problem the other day, she was getting an error message (not sure if you're getting one or not). I went into Options -- Cache Options & cleared out everything I could, then closed the browser & re-opened it. It launched fine. Hopefully it'll work for you too.
    08-26-11 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the prompt reply but I basically the browser wont even open up for me. So unfortunately I cannot clear the cache or what not. When I click on the browser nothing happens. Nothing at all.
    08-26-11 02:30 PM
    I think you'll need to wipe and reload the OS with BBSAK. Make sure the device software from your carrier is installed and proceed to do so. Backup with desktop manager before doing so.

I had that issue before, it was a mean bugger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 07:21 PM
    Soo.. turns out I didnt do a full reboot before. Last night I removed it from the otterbox case and did a battery pull. Turns out the browser works! Foolish me. I suppose the battery pull did clear out the cache which is reflected in the amt of free space I have now..

Thanks all. And holy cow, after touching the 9930, I cannot wait for the laggard att to release the 9900. I am getting it the day it comes out.
    08-27-11 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD